WDA vs USA - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

WDA vs USA

Not trying to start a sparing match, but since I can now resume training (treatment done and cancer free) I'd like to hear the advantages and disadvantages of both. If I understand USA's bylaws correctly, I cannot be a member of both. In Michigan, USA seems to be predominate. Any thoughts?

Linda
Gretchen RN, CD, NAP, NJP (GSD)
Morgan RN, FO, TT, TC (GSD)
Quaid RN (Irish setter)
Keegon (GSD)
The felines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Crowned Member

Re: WDA vs USA

I know that for WDA you can participate in their events without being a member (or at least they are changing this). You only have to me a member to go to nationals.

I'm currently a member of both. My USA will be due in a few months so I'm waiting to see what happens. If this thing sticks, I guess I'll have to go with WDA because even though I'm in MI I go to shows and trials in the Chicago/IL/lower-WI areas and there are several clubs there that offer shows and trials. I haven't researched it enough to have any real allegiance to one or the other; it's just a matter of which offers more shows and trials. Also my dog has a WDA scorebook, has his tat and chip certified by the WDA, and the WDA will be doing his a-stamps so it's cheaper for me not to have to buy another scorebook and re-register my dog with USA.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:44 PM

Re: WDA vs USA

I'll stay with USA and the merge with RSV 2000

Scheiber's Tarkeus Bad Joke Rott Schutzhund III RIP.
Echo Vom Camdenerland GSD Schutzhund II RIP.
Jett Vom Triton GSD Next Big Thing Schutzhund III

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm not easily impressed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page