If you don't plan to compete, is schutzhund....... - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 03:33 AM
Elite Member

Re: If you don't plan to compete, is schutzhund...

As far as your concern for tracking competing with other venues... I find this not to be the case

I tend to do a little of everything, AKC obedience competition, Rally, & have just ventured into Agility & AKC Tracking with my new dogs. Have done SchH in the past and will again with these new gals.

Both of my gals seem to LOVE tracking. Little Moxie is a tracking fiend! New addition, Hella, is also seeming to have a knack for the track. This does not stop or interfere with anything else we are doing (obedience, rally, agility, etc).

Dogs are very situational. They will see, oh big field, blinds = SchH. Big field lots of obstacles = Agility. Ring gates = Obed/Rally. Big field and a flag while wearing harness = Tracking.

Give it all a try! The dogs love it and you may find which you really love while playing at everything for a little while

Moxie vom Triton RA CD (GSD)
Breaca von Dog Pound (BC)
APRI Ch Royalty's Jinx'D Ya RN CDX (Sheltie)
RIP Achielles UD, Axel CD, Hella & Malfoy (GSDs)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Re: If you don't plan to compete, is schutzhund...

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Achielles CDXAs far as your concern for tracking competing with other venues... I find this not to be the case

I tend to do a little of everything, AKC obedience competition, Rally, & have just ventured into Agility & AKC Tracking with my new dogs. Have done SchH in the past and will again with these new gals.

Both of my gals seem to LOVE tracking. Little Moxie is a tracking fiend! New addition, Hella, is also seeming to have a knack for the track. This does not stop or interfere with anything else we are doing (obedience, rally, agility, etc).

Dogs are very situational. They will see, oh big field, blinds = SchH. Big field lots of obstacles = Agility. Ring gates = Obed/Rally. Big field and a flag while wearing harness = Tracking.

Give it all a try! The dogs love it and you may find which you really love while playing at everything for a little while

~Thanks~

~Jen~

Sable~ GSD NJP, OJP, NAP, NAJ, NA, TN-N, NAC, NJC, CGC
Shadow~ BGSD *Adopted* RN, CGC
Storm~ GSD RA, TN-N, CGC
Skyrah~ GSD, CGC

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page