Gear bag? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Gear bag?

Does anyone keep training gear in a duffel? I keep all my dog stuff in my dog van and most of it is kept stored in these crates that are afixed to the tops of the kennels in the van (besides SchH/training gear I keep some things for our club like large binders, walkee-talkees, and also all my show stuff which is lots of grooming stuff, show collars and show leads, plus all my extra dog bedding, camp chairs, tracking flags, med kit, etc). However there are some supplies that I need to keep in something more "portable" because I take it into the house to train in the yard, or might drive somewhere to train and need to hike a ways away from the van. Right now I just use one of those canvas totes. I'm thinking of asking for a gear duffel for Christmas but was wondering if anyone else uses something like this? It would be for a few balls and tugs, prong collar, tabs, a few leashes.

Something like this?

I'm an organization freak, I swear all this dog/Schutzhund stuff is going to be the death of me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Master Member

Re: Gear bag?

If I keep my gear in a bag it all becomes tangled. I have those hooks in my truck..the removable ones that don't damage walls..forget what they are called...but anyway, I keep everything hung up so I can find it easily. It sticks well to the plastic.

Maybe you just need double sets of some items! LOL!

Kandi
Rokanhaus German Shepherds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canaan CT
"Some Dogs come with a Pedigree, Others Come with a Legacy"
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: rokanhaus

Maybe you just need double sets of some items! LOL!
You know I started doing this but then I still favor one over the other!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Oh and I think you mean Command adhesives? That's a good idea. Do the leashes stay on, not jiggle off? Do they constantly rattle? I'm also working on cutting down on the amount of annoying rattle in the van. I've discovered if I use bungees to tie down some extra dog bedding on the top of the crates, they don't rattle as much.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 02:04 PM

I don't like to keep my things in a closed bag because they can start to stink! Leashes get wet when they drag on the ground, tugs and toys get all slobbery. I like things to have a chance to air out.

I keep my leashes and collars clipped to the door of the crate. Leashes I always roll and toe to keep them tangle free. My toys and supplemental gear I keep in an open file box with handles just so it doesn't roll around the car.

BF's helper gear is stacked and stored in a space in between the middle row of seats and the dog crates. And his scratch pants have to come in to air out every time...eww.

Bianka vom Eisernen Loewen IPO3, CGC, TC 1-3-08
Cade vom Eisernen Loewen IPO1, CGC 3-25-09
D'Artagnan (Tag) vom Eisernen Loewen BH 2-2-10
G Aiko von Burkndeiros SchH 3, IPO3, FH, TC, KKL2 9-17-02 (Retired)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Most of my stuff is not kept closed but in open top crates attached inside the van, but I need something for actually moving gear and/or the few things I use on a daily basis. It's all set in the van, but not when we get to a show and have to hike a ways from the parking area to the rings or when I go to the fields I use for training by my house (we park in a church lot and then walk over to baseball fields owned by a school association b/c the actual lot is gated off). The balls and tugs do kinda stink but lately I've only been using ASAT lines and leads to avoid leather stink so most of the stuff I use in daily training, or my show stuff doesn't get stinky (my harnesses, leather lines, and tracking lines are always kept in the van).

I used to keep the leashes on the crates but I can't take all the rattling, it drives me bonkers after the first 20 minutes let alone hours of driving, lol!

I need something that's comfortable to carry and sturdy enough so that my sharp and pokey brushes and grooming blades don't rip through. I currently use those canvas bags every store sells for 99 cents but they rip really easily.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 05:08 PM

In that case, I would look for a Shooter's/Range Bag. They have lots of neat pockets that will help fulfill your organizing needs. And many are made out of waterproof materials so that when you throw them down on the grass they won't get gross. They also usually have an insert in the bottom so they won't tip over. BF has one from Orvis that he uses when he goes trap shooting and it's a great size.

Bianka vom Eisernen Loewen IPO3, CGC, TC 1-3-08
Cade vom Eisernen Loewen IPO1, CGC 3-25-09
D'Artagnan (Tag) vom Eisernen Loewen BH 2-2-10
G Aiko von Burkndeiros SchH 3, IPO3, FH, TC, KKL2 9-17-02 (Retired)

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thanks! Never would have thought of that
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Master Member

Send a message via Yahoo to VonKromeHaus

I like Mud Rivers dog bag made for hunting dogs! It works excellent for Schutzhund.

Courtney

Tululajhs Red Chrome Kahpone~AST/APBT~CGC TT BH~RIP
Osyrius SilverChrome GTOVonMarionHaus~GSD~CGC DDJ RN
WBBs BleauChromeLady of TheCopa~APBT~STARR CGC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page