Breed surveys on working GSD - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Breed surveys on working GSD

Just wanted to ask how many of you has gotton a breed survey on a working line GSD and what was your experience? Who was the Judge etc?

Dexter vom Schattendal BH, T1, T2,IPO1,IPO2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Elite Member

Re: Breed surveys on working GSD

I did one over the summer. I don't really know the ins and outs of the show world, so I didn't know which judge to choose.
I was not thrilled The judge was Margit van Dorsen. I felt like she didn't really even look at my dog. My dog got Kkl2 and I will be trying for an upgrade in the future. I think if I choose a judge that doesn't penalize a working dog, that she could go Kkl1.

Djenga von Castra Regina RL2 BH HIC TT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PAM ARCH SG Kessy vom Waldwinkel 2xHGH Schh1 OB2 RL1X RL3 RN TT AD

Madina vom Arolser Holz BH AD CGC
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 03:00 PM

My working line male got his Kkl1 at the 2005 Canadian Nationals under Gunther Schwedes (who seemed to really appreciate good working temperment, in particular) and the Kkl1a at the 2007 Canadian Nationals under Ernst Seifert.

Ulla and her boys:
Brody vom Albi, SchH3, KKl1a
Draven von der Eisspitzen, SchH1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Crowned Member

We koer all our working lines. Gabor does the handling in the ring (3 dogs last nov) as well as the breed survey. He wants them to be true HOT dogs, in all senses of the definition.

You need to ensure that you know what to do in the ring, in the breed survey (if you end up doing that) and your dog needs to know what to do and do it well.

Just because they are working lines, they should be ring trained.

Gabor ended up showing another club member what to do in the ring and koer, during the actual event.....

Ask around about the judges, practice and make sure you are prepared. Even with a SG in the show ring, you can, based on the work and overall dog (how they show, present themselves etc), go KK1. Fannie is SG and KK1.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 10:23 AM

My male got upgraded to KKLI/life by Hans Joachim Dux. Didn't try to upgrade show rating.

Sue

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Elite Member

I showed under Dux a while back and he liked Kessy a lot. I would show under him again for sure, he seemed very fair.

Djenga von Castra Regina RL2 BH HIC TT

PAM ARCH SG Kessy vom Waldwinkel 2xHGH Schh1 OB2 RL1X RL3 RN TT AD

Madina vom Arolser Holz BH AD CGC
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 07:49 PM

is there a web site to view that tells what is judges in the breed surveys?

kellie
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input. I plan on attending some seminars or training sessions so I and my dog know what to do in the ring. I am listening closley to which Judges are okay with a working dog in the ring. I have heard to much already about the ones who absolutely will not look at a working dog
If I understand the requirements I have to get a show rating of "G" before they will let me do a breed survey now. I am working on the AD and Sch1 now.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Sue, thanks for the info. I live in memphis TN. Where did you get your dogs KKL'd??

Love your dogs !!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page