WHERE TO BUY A GOOD WORKING GSD - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

WHERE TO BUY A GOOD WORKING GSD

LOOKING TO FIND A WORKING GSD BREEDER.

I WANT A DOG FOR SCH AND I WANT A DOG THAT CAN GO ALL THE WAY WITH ME.

KNOW ANY GOOD BREEDERS?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Moderator who has gone to the dogs

Re: WHERE TO BUY A GOOD WORKING GSD

Would you please not type in all caps it makes it seem like you are screaming?

There are a lot of great working line breeders. Are you looking to ship or wanting to buy locally? There are a couple in Western Ohio and Pittsburgh. Are there particular working lines you are looking for?

Are you looking for a 8 week old, a young started pup (9-12 months) or a older pup/young dog?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lakota, Chimo, Tika, Rayne, Kanuck, Jethro and Keyzah

My Angels forever in my heart and watching over us:
Phoenix 9/07
Kaylee Cheyenne 5/09
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Moderator who has gone to the dogs

Did you find a SCH club close enough to drive to?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lakota, Chimo, Tika, Rayne, Kanuck, Jethro and Keyzah

My Angels forever in my heart and watching over us:
Phoenix 9/07
Kaylee Cheyenne 5/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Looking for a puppy and is one south of pittsburgh would only be a hour and a half to get to. Sry about all caps i work at a 911 center and everything is typed in caps habit I guess.

Anyway and very interested in becoming involved in Sch like I said i have a 9 mo that I think would excel in tracking and obd not sure about the bite tho. I plan on taking my dog to that Sch club and they are going to take a look at him and see if they think if he has what it takes to make it. But if he dont that is fine too I know that there are other titles out there that he could get.

Like I said I am very interested in this tho and when I put something in my head it dont stop till I get and do what it takes tok get there. So just kinda looking around at other puppies till I get to take him there and they look at him.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Crowned Member

If your current dog is only 9 months old you should wait at LEAST a year before getting another pup.

You want to be able to devote time to working your current dog and now is that critical time.

Getting a puppy now could result in you not being able to devote enough time to BOTH dogs.

But that doesn't mean you can't start researching now.

Don't limit yourself to your area only in your search. If you are REALLY serious about going all the way you want to find the best breeder - not the closest one. Most breeder ship their puppies, too.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

I know this i have looked everywhere euro sport k-9 looks like they have awsome dogs. And yes now is a important time in the dog I haves life and I have him on leash trained now in all the basic commands. We are starting off leash now with him and he picks it up very quickly.

I have been looking and starting to put money away for the next dog lol. And have also been looking at different obd titles for the dog that I curently have even tho those and a way off.

Probably wont get another dog for at least 2 years but to find exactly what you want sometimes takes that long and that is why I am and can be picky about what I want bc I have alot of time to find it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page