tracking video from today - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

tracking video from today

I just thought I'd share, I dragged my husband out to video Kessy's tracking for me. I haven't tracked her in at least 3 or 4 months (I know, shame on me).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd7ig5vNdS0

I think she did pretty well for having had so much time off. It wasn't perfect but I know what to work on now. Before, she was tracking too fast and blowing articles in anticipation of a ball at the end of the track. So that's been removed and now she's tracking at a good pace again...calm and methodic.
I think once I start tracking her consistently again the little problems in the video will resolve themselves pretty quickly. But overall I'm happy she didn't forget much!

Djenga von Castra Regina RL2 BH HIC TT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PAM ARCH SG Kessy vom Waldwinkel 2xHGH Schh1 OB2 RL1X RL3 RN TT AD

Madina vom Arolser Holz BH AD CGC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Knighted Member

Re: tracking video from today

Sorry but I lol'd at the second article when you had to lift her tail to get the article.

The German Shepherd's faults are faults of education not nature, for if someone worked with him he would be blissfully happy and most obedient of all dogs. - Max von Stephanitz
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Elite Member

Looks good! Only a couple of things
1. Restarts she bolts up like she is thinking too fast and not tracking. May help to have some bait on you and toss a few bite a foot or so infront
2. Missed article, but the next article she gave you a nice indication. I would have paid her ofr doing that one correctly to make the lesson clearer. Also you took the article she missed and placed it in fron of you--perhaps walking out several feet and asking for her to indicate it may have mopre meaning for her-Spend more time at the articles, calming and praising - adding to their importance

Nice little bitch!

Sarah

"Sita" Rosewoods Hot Tamale CD 2/6/00~3/26/08
"Nandi" Celhaus Rama Ring of Fire IPO 1, AKC TD, CGC 12/18/2004
Pele vom Landschaft IPO 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Master Member

great video, cant wait for my boy Quest to get to that level.

Marie

Quest Vom Spartanville (DOB 1/31/09) SCH2 IPO2 (Regionals 2012) BH TR1 CGC GSD
Leon v.h. Basjes Huis (3/26/12) GSD
Rosa Aritar Bastet (7/4/12) GSD
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 05:27 AM
Crowned Member

That looks nice. She reminds me so much of my girl when tracking for some reason.

Akbar 6 years
Isa 10 years
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

I will try to post another one in a couple weeks to show progress. My hubby's schedule is sort of opposite of mine so it's hard to get someone to do a video!

Djenga von Castra Regina RL2 BH HIC TT

PAM ARCH SG Kessy vom Waldwinkel 2xHGH Schh1 OB2 RL1X RL3 RN TT AD

Madina vom Arolser Holz BH AD CGC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page