SchH3 club and DVG - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

SchH3 club and DVG

I have a silly question... a friend and I have been going back and forth on this.

If you're a USA member and get a BH at a DVG trial, do you have to repeat the BH at a USA trial in order to qualify for the SchH3 club?

The entry form doesn't mention DVG at all... it says it will accept titles earned at USA trials or at AWDF-recognized breed clubs under USA or SV judges... DVG is AWDF but it's not really a breed club.

<Insert witty sig>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Crowned Member

Re: SchH3 club and DVG

I'm pretty sure you do. It's similar to getting a bh at a dvg then trying to get a breed survey via USA. Have to redo it. (Friend had to do that for her dog).

Angela

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hardy, Diesel, Jet, Denial v. Zioner Berg, Iris & Patches the cats
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

Yes, you do. For SchH3 club USA won't recognize DVG titles.

We were at a trial a couple weeks ago where 2 mulitple SchH3 dogs were repeating their SchH1 under USA because their original SchH1 was earned under DVG and they wanted to do SchH3 club.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

That's what I thought. So is it worth it then to do the BH at a DVG club if you plan to join the SchH3 club? My friend is trying to convince me to go to a trial at the end of this month; there are no USA trials scheduled until October. I guess I can always repeat the BH right?

<Insert witty sig>
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Crowned Member

You can always repeat it but I probably would just wait and continue working for my sch1 so in the fall I'd be ready for the bh and the 1.

Angela

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

That's what I was planning to do. We're doing retrieves right now... she's ready for the BH (and I hope I am now that I've attempted it once LOL). She has BEEN ready LOL.

I think I''ll go to the trial to provide moral support

<Insert witty sig>
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Crowned Member

sounds like a plan

Angela

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Crowned Member

Having to go through this now.. and in the process of repeating our SchH 2..

If you want to become a member of the SchH 3 club "I" would do ALL my titles under USA and be done with it..

Leesa~

Chaos v. Wildhaus, SchH2, OB3 (HOT) Forever in my heart ~ Bismark v. Wildhaus, SchH1 (HOT) ~ Kougar v. Wolfstraum, IPO 1, CGC (HOT)... Oberon v. Wildhaus, BH (HOT)
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Crowned Member

Do they recognize WDA titles? Someone told me to compete under WDA because those titles were FCI recognized. I get confused enough just trying to keep track of our USA vs. WDA conformation entries let alone trials and titles...
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Crowned Member

Most clubs that get judges in for WDA get SV judges, so you could actually have them sign the scorebook for wda and usa.

WDA is now allowing DVG judges to judge our events in addition to SV and WDA judges. They're also looking into USA judges as well. So who knows on that part.

Angela

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page