Bernhard Flinks Seminar In South Dakota - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Bernhard Flinks Seminar In South Dakota

Bernhard will be in Martin South Dakota July 3-5. Will post more details soon but if interested in attending contact Carol Boche at [email protected] or 605-685-4623

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 11:52 PM
mnm
Elite Member

Re: Bernhard Flinks Seminar In South Dakota

Oh cool, that's just a few hours from me....and Bernhard is super to work with!!!

Marsha
Ball Zulu z Martinické Staré skoly CD, RN, CGC
Mystic vd Traumwolfen
Neon vd Traumwolfen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Retired - Ebene BH CD RN THDA CGC
RIP - Chita IPO3 CD RN THDA CGC KKL1, Elsa HOT SchH1 CD & Viggo TR1 CD
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Master Member

Yes I have been able to take private instruction from him. and am planing my next one for October (DH taking a helper course from him for 1 week)

He is great at fixing and helping all breeds through any problem they may have and WHAT A GREAT TEACHER HE IS! He is so down to earth!

I was nervous as not every helper can work a boxer properly that now I am spoiled as I have never seen my boxer working like he did with B Flinks, Great drive, great FULL BITES, fixed his problem of not wanting to do blind searches!

As for the problems my GSD had (Has... as she has done some back sliding due to bad helpers again) the biggest one was her bring work. at the end of 1 week he had her bringing her barbell and sitting looking up at me and not mouthing it or dropping her head. There was no adverse corrections no bullying and even though I have been sick all winter and not been able to work her like I should have she is picking up the exercises once more super fast.

I should have added her bring did not slide backwards due to I do not have to listen to what the bad training director told me to practice with her back in november. I just told them P!$$ off and leave our Ob alone. But needless to say they kind have now messed with her bite work. Your dog is only as good as the helper they are biting and B Flinks Is good.

Suzi

“Ein Leben ohne Boxer ist möglich, aber sinnlos.”
"A life with out boxer is possible but senseless"

uberhauptnichtwieder (Never ever again)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Crowned Member

I met him at Ivan's when he stopped by to visit between seminars. Was really cool to hang out and just train with him. He's very good at what he does

Angela

Hardy, Diesel, Jet, Denial v. Zioner Berg, Iris & Patches the cats
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Master Member

I wanted to check out Ivans' seminar this year also but I cannot contact his POC for the Germany seminar to reserve a spot. The I tried to contact him to get her E mail address but I did not get a reply back. Oh well it is in August.

Suzi

“Ein Leben ohne Boxer ist möglich, aber sinnlos.”
"A life with out boxer is possible but senseless"

uberhauptnichtwieder (Never ever again)
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

JULY 3-5 2009

BERNHARD FLINKS, one of the most highly sought after trainers in the sport of Schutzhund as well as an excellent LEO handler/trainer will be here in Martin. He is a German citizen and only comes to the states for a small time window so we feel VERY fortunate to have him coming in.

COST: $125.00 per day or $300 for ALL three days. Breakfast and Dinners will be at the handlers expense, Lunch will be provided with a donation bucket set out. Please bring plenty of sunscreen, lawn chair and a sweatshirt for evening work. There will be shaded areas provided, but if you have your own tent you may want to bring it along. Long pants are required when working your dog.

We welcome beginners through advanced handlers to this event.

Audit slots are available for $35 per day or $100.00 for all three days.

On Saturday, July 4th there will be a celebration at the park in town. Food, great music, games and FIREWORKS display at dusk. Attendants are more than welcome to attend.

Please email Carol Boche at [email protected] or call 605-685-4623

Motel Info: 605-685-1070 ext 0
Trailer Park: 605-685-1030 leave message and Bert will return your call ($25.00 per night)

For entry form go to: http://www.gwtc.net/~crazyhound/doc/FlinksSeminar.pdf

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

bump

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Crowned Member

This should be one heck of a seminar for anyone close! Carol is one heck of a hostess!

Betty

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 12:33 AM

Thanks Betty....I believe in hosting a great seminar, making sure everyone gets enough time with the trainier/instructor...providing good food and good fun as well....

Really excited to have Bernhard coming in.....

Dogs of mine:
Max-Bloodhound
Jesea- Belgian Malnois
Rock- Dutch Shepherd
Ajay- WL GSD
Esta- WL GSD

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Crowned Member

You just really need to move closer to me Carol............LOL

Really guys if there is anyway you can make it, it would really be worth it!

Betty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page