SchH clubs in Washington/Oregon? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

SchH clubs in Washington/Oregon?

I've looked at all clubs that could be somewhat close to me and the only two that are, are the ones that I don't want to join. Club "A" I was already in and I didn't get much out of it even though I was there for over 5 years. I have nothing against them and they are very nice people but all I got out of those 5+ years was Cody and Isa's BH, I'm pretty sure I could have at least gotten Cody's schH1 before his arthritis started up last year and with Isa, I could have gotten at least a schH2 if the people in the club helped me.
Club "B" I watched them train before a couple of years earlier and almost all of the people there were rude to me, and I know for a fact that most of those members are still there because one of my friends goes to that club.
I don't want to give out club names in public, only in a PM. But, I need help finding a Schutzhund club I can train with for when Akbar comes. I've looked on the USA site, DVG, etc and there just aren't any clubs close enough. The closest club is about in olympia area and that's a 4 hour drive. I'm just wondering if there are some clubs that don't have a website and some people might know. Any help would be appreciated.

Akbar 6 years
Isa 10 years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

Re: SchH clubs in Washington/Oregon?

A friend trains with Les Flores at Cascade SchH Club in Olympia, WA and can't say enough good stuff about the group and the training.

http://dogequipment.com/csc/about_csc.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I believe Akbar's full sister from a previous litter trains there. I might have to check them out even though they're far away. Another member gave me another club link I'll be looking at and they are training in Nisqually which is about 2 hours from where I live. Looks like I might be bringing the motor home out, lol.
Thank you Chris, I'll also check them out.

Akbar 6 years
Isa 10 years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Crowned Member

Les has a good club. Contact them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Crowned Member

What did you decide Missy - did you find a club?

Dante - March 2004
Kaos von Wolfstraum Oct 2011

"Today is tomorrow's time machine" ~ Dr G ~
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Well, there just isn't any club for me to train with... It's sad because I truely enjoy the sport and I've never wanted to leave my 1st club as they were fun people but I was going no where and I had to leave. I was thinking of doing private training with Isa's breeder who trains with a police officer who trains the K9s here in our county but it's just not the same as training with a club, private training is also more expensive. There is a club that's an hour from me but they are the "B" club and I was never treated right a few years ago, but they also might be nicer since it HAS been a few years. I don't know, I might go and check them out again... I'm just feel desperate for finding a club and "B" club might be the only club to join. I truely want to get back into schH.

Akbar 6 years
Isa 10 years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page