2 Different styles of Belgian Arms? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

2 Different styles of Belgian Arms?

So, if you check out Jim Hill's site he has a light tan in color (on leather) Belgian Arm. I'd ordered one last night (this is also the one I'd been trying out...) Later in the evening (after offering my Gappay to my club) I got an email from a friend who it turned out had a like new (less than 20 bites on it) "Belgian Arm" sitting in his garage for over two years as it just did not work for him. It was practically new and it was offered at a "to good to pass up" price compared to the brand new one. I emailed Hallmark this morning and they gracefully canceled my order after I explained the situation. (Can't ask for more decent customer service than that...) Anyhow, I picked up the used Belgian this evening and it is completely different than the one I'd been trying. It is chocolate in color on the leather and the bite bar is significantly different. The wedge is very firm, very narrow, long, deep and is more aggressively angled than any sleeve I've ever seen - it actually comes to a point!

Anyhow, it turns out that I've heard from 2 sources this evening that there are 2 different Belgian Arms. Does anyone know the story about this? I like the one I picked up OK, although it isn't completely what I'd experienced with the other style. One of the conversations I had about the difference between the two seems to allude to the fact that I got the better style, although I guess since I experienced the other style first, this feels just different enough that I'm not 100% certain of it as I was with style "B" (the light tan colored one sold by Hallmark) - but I guess it is all subjective. Anyhow, I'd done A LOT of searching for info on the Belgian Arm before purchasing and saw nothing about 2 styles, so was pretty surprised b the whole issue.

Thanks for any input,

-Calvin

HallmarkK9 Belgian Arm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page