Any reason to elect to do IPO title vs. SchH? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Any reason to elect to do IPO title vs. SchH?

One of the trial venues I'm considering doing my young bitch's SchH1 title at is a USA (United Schutzhund Clubs of America) trial hosting an FCI judge. She has a USA scorebook and I am a USA member. I would like shoot for the USA schutzhund 3 club, the sportmens medals and am possibly considering getting her breed surveyed at some point.

Taking those things into consideration, if I have the opportunity to achieve an IPO title and it doesn't hurt the other goals (or maybe even if it does) should I consider electing for the IPO vs. the SchH? (there are 2 boxes on the form...) Would there be any value in achieving an IPO title over the SchH?

Other considerations, as I understand USA rules, dogs repeating a title (such as a SchH1) must be considered behind all dogs completing a trial for the first time for placing and awards. Technically, if someone has earned an IPO title (say IPO 1) under a FCI judge, a VPG under a DVG or an AWD title under an AWDF judge, would they (or not) be exempt from the rule placing them at the "back of the pack" regardless their score if repeating the same level under a USA or SV judge? In other words, if you took high in tracking (or whatever) in your IPO achievement, could you repeat the level and the “high in whatever” as level X (I, II or III) in another organization such as the USA as you are not really repeating the title since you never earned it in the first place?

I figure if the opportunity is there to achieve a title that I guess is a little harder to obtain (this is a mere assumption on my part) due to the judges being fewer and further between I should consider opting to do it.

Oh, any significant rules differences that might be a reason to or to not go the IPO route?

Thanks,

-Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Re: Any reason to elect to do IPO title vs. SchH?

Your rule book would be the best place to go for the differences in rules between the IPO1 and the SchH1.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 09:00 AM

I know for a SchH1 you go into the blind to retrieve your dog. IPO1 you do a call out of the blind. If you have a 1 and repeat the title it doesn't restrict you from winning a trophy from someone trialing for the title for the first time.

Mark
http://www.ultimatekanine.com

Krieger Nikko vom Barish IPO3 SchH3 BH FH GDT CGC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Uruk von Karthago BH

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

In the SchH1 you can do the call out of the blind if you choose to.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 09:14 AM

yes, but you don't have the option in an IPO

Krieger Nikko vom Barish IPO3 SchH3 BH FH GDT CGC

Uruk von Karthago BH

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page