Very nice!!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Very nice!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtoGxxs2j2g

Carolina Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 05:34 PM

Re: Very nice!!!

That is amazing I clapped to!!!

Mom to rescued
Riley 5/20/2005 Chow/Lab mix
Benny 6/17/2006 GSD mix?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 08:35 AM
Crowned Member

The precision was excellent, but the heeling was too unnatural for my tastes....would rather see the dog with at least one eye on what's in front of him....just my taste.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 11:39 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

The dog is highly collected, but the heeling lacks smoothness. If the handler moved more freely the dog would also move more freely. Dog is also slightly wrapped which hinders his own movement.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 11:56 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

I also don't like the dog staring at the armpit look. Too unnatural for my tastes. I want face contact, not armpit contact.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 12:04 PM
Crowned Member

OK I am a total noob, but to me it seems like that handler is a little up tight, moving sort of slow and restricted. Or something...I dunno, I just find the handler a tad distracting.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Yeah, I do agree he walks a little too "tight" for my taste.

Carolina Johnson

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 08:26 AM

When the handler walked that slow in the first portion of the Obedience, it looked like the dog was just walking next to him. Lack of power. When the Handler walked faster to get to the dumbbell, then you can see the power in the heel. I like a dog that shows power in the work. But overall very nice.

Mark
http://www.ultimatekanine.com

Krieger Nikko vom Barish IPO3 SchH3 BH FH GDT CGC

Uruk von Karthago BH

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page