Freyja and Falco vids - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Freyja and Falco vids

Sorry about the shoddy camera work, my husband can't hold a camera still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foBtXzp31fI

Here's a video of Falco doing rag work with a helper who came to our club all the way from Panama (trained in Europe).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG3pfz_nin4

<Insert witty sig>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 02:04 AM
Knighted Member

Re: Freyja and Falco vids

The training looks good but the handling could use a little polishing. I won't even mention the camera work. My eyeballs are still recovering. If he is taping the trial. tell him to stand in one place and use the zoom, unless he has someone who will push him on that cart they use for action scenes in movies. Walking and taping ...nope...doesn't work.
The one thing that jumps out at me is that you swing your arms in the beginning but that happens less and less as you go on. If you stay a bit more animated throughout the routine, it will be harder for Freyja to get distracted. So, swing your arms. She wants to pay attention and does throughout most of this but I think if you stepped up the animation just a tad, she would not only look as spirited as she is, she will be more attentive when there are distractions.
The recall looks fantastic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anne

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Oh yeah, I know I was fumbling with that ball big time. The jacket has small pockets and I don't normally use that for training, but I was FREEZING. I also need to walk a little faster, I thought I was walking fast but when I saw the video I look slow.

The camera we were using doesn't have zoom, it was my photo camera. We'll use our video camera next weekend I had to put music to the video because the wind was blowing directly toward Dan and you couldn't hear a danged thing except static noise.

I do love her recalls, she comes with so much joy... that's why I was puzzled when she didn't do it right earlier that day.

Thanks for the feedback!

<Insert witty sig>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Excellent recall. Anne is right, you need to be more animated, less stiff in how you move.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 09:01 AM

Overall not bad. In the beggining there was slight forging, You need to be a little more animated like the others mentioned. The left turns need work. Maybe zip up the jacket. To much going on with it. Her recall was very fast except she was crooked when she got to you. Her finish was crooked and you released and praised her like that. You have to be aware of things like that. You don't want to create bad positioning. Make sure you have a spotter to help you. You were probably excited about filming and showing her off cause she does look pretty good. But you can let those things go.

Mark
http://www.ultimatekanine.com

Krieger Nikko vom Barish IPO3 SchH3 BH FH GDT CGC

Uruk von Karthago BH

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

I agree that the left turn definitely needs work. We've been working on that crooked front sit too but with the BH on Sunday I decided to leave well enough alone and start working on it after the BH. It's at the top of my priority list for the 1, along with a faster down (although it is faster than it was, thanks to the feedback I got before).

I've been practicing swinging my arms more during heeling and it definitely makes a difference.

Thank you so much for the feedback!

<Insert witty sig>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page