Need some advice. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Need some advice.

Greetings Everyone,

I recently purchased my first GSP, she is 11 weeks old now. She comes from a German Bloodline and her parents were SchH1 and SchH2, which I honestly don't have any Idea want this means. I do want to get her involved in Schutzhund training though. I have purchased many of Leerburg video's and have been following his training.

I would like to know some more on how I should go about getting started with a club, what should I expect and average costs involved? Is it too late for my 11 week old GSP to get started in this?

Thanks,

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Need some advice.

http://www.germanshepherddog.com/clu...th_central.htm
This is a club listing link^^
I would watch the Leerburg vids with a cautious eye~ use your better judgement on what to take from it.
Not too late at all, and the sooner the better. Your pup is only 11 weeks after all. Clubs charge different prices and it would be best to inquire individually. My club is fairly new and there is a price to join, and then an annual fee($125). This is low, compared to most. We also will pay extra for the helpers and any other special events. It is a WDA affiliated club not USA. http://www.gsdca-wda.org/

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Knighted Member

Re: Need some advice.

It is not too late and I would visit every club you possibly can before deciding on one. There's much more to a club than its costs and even those are different club to club.

The German Shepherd's faults are faults of education not nature, for if someone worked with him he would be blissfully happy and most obedient of all dogs. - Max von Stephanitz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page