Reviving Stuffed Fire-hose Tugs… - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Reviving Stuffed Fire-hose Tugs…

Along the lines of my previous post regarding rolled leather tugs, I’ve got some fire-hose tugs that have held up amazingly well for several years – well at least the hose part. The stuffing is pretty much toast and I was thinking about cutting them open, taking them to seamstress and having them re-stuffed and re-sewn. I’m just wondering what to re-stuff them with. The synthetic stuff in them wore out much quicker than the outside and if I’m going to go to the expense of trying to refurbish them, I figure I should stuff them with something more durable and firmer. I think the stuffing having gotten so worn out and so compressed it has led to some chewing issues with the tugs – as all of my dogs (not typically chewers) seem to get chewy on them now that they are all mashed down.

Thanks for any help. Like I said in my previous post (only half joking) with the economy being what it is these days, If I can refurbish a piece of equipment for a reasonable expense compared to repurchasing I’m up for giving it try with how much a lot of these items cost.

Here is where I originally bought the tugs from. The handles and fire-hose part have been nearly indestructible, but the stuffing has been what has worn out.

http://www.activedogs.com/doublehandle3514firehose.html

Thanks for any input!

-Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page