Before and After: Rescue Dogs - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Before and After: Rescue Dogs

I was reading the Gaston dogs thread and lots of times we see these dogs in rescue who just make you gasp they look so awful. Ones where you see the picture and have the thought that you would A. like to slit someone's throat who let them get like that and B. make you cry to think of their suffering.

Then a month or so later...you see those same eyes peering out with great mischief and happiness and cannot believe it is the same dog.

I think we need some hope and a place to go for it when we think, well this is the end of the line.

Maybe it will be a short time for some dogs-but...what if? These are those dogs-for however long.

So if you have a picture of a before and an after-one post per dog (multiple dogs-just put them on new posts so the impact is there-every dog deserves their day and their own post) please do post it here! And try to pick your *best* one picture for each before and after.

Dogs that didn't look like they'd have a great life-

Katarina-Before-HW+ and malnourished:

Katarina-After-HW free and now living as a cheese head in WI:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Before and After: Rescue Dogs

OMG how awesome is that
thanks for sharing

Dawn
GSRNE Volunteer
"A dog a day keeps the Doctor away!"

proudly owned by:
Brady von Barren Berg, CGC GSD 5/4/05
Cooper von Nordosten, GSD 12/27/10
Missy, Chocolate Lab 3/9/03
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Ava-non GSD but a good example of before-25 pounds underweight at the shelter, (only) 15 pounds underweight here-and other than recovering from a litter of 5 puppies she was healthy-but LOOKED awful:

Now-we have to watch the weight!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Crowned Member

Rafi, after 3 months in foster care (first picture I have of him so looking a lot better than when he showed up):

Rafi, last month:

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Elite Member

Oooh, let me show off Dieter!

Before: 61.7lbs of catatonic, plastic-bag-stuck-in-the-rectum, snapping at everything that came near the trap sadness:

After: A big, cuddly love bug who loves kitties, his mommy and daddy and might need a diet soon!

~Sarah~

Mom to:
Dieter (GSD)
Mr. Bojangles (black DLH kitty)
Ginger (baby blk & gray tabby)
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Knighted Member

I enjoyed looking at this thread. I would post a picture of mine, but there are none to post! My most senior dog who is 15 and dying of cancer came to my house after a hurricane in 1996. She was emaciated and suffering from mange and heartworms. Her front bottom teeth were worn down to nubs. I decided to keep her and call her Scrappy because I felt like she was a fighter (after all her health problems). I took a whole roll of film of her and would you believe that not one picture turned out? I had never had that happen before with that camera and the film was new (not expired)! My mom said that the "before" pictures didn't turn out because Scrappy didn't want to be remembered looking like that!
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Elite Member

Here is one of my last foster ... He is still looking for his forever home and is in a new foster home now.

The day I picked him up

Only one month later...

Betsy

Ava GSD 3.5yrs

Champ 1985, Heidi 2000

post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Crowned Member

Kacie, left 21 mos. Onyx, right 5 mos

Kacies first night with us, she was found abandoned after at least 5 days in a trailer with a cat, I adopted her three weeks
after landlord discovered her.
She didn't eat the cat!!
Her coat was matted and coarse, now it is silky soft!
Her teeth were bad, she was on antibiotics because of the bacteria. Pearly whites now thanks to RAW diet!!
She is still afraid of storms and
was a chained out dog in her previous life...

This is her year anniversary Gotcha Day pic,
I am so lucky to have her, look how big Onyx grew in that year.
Kacie picked up ten much needed pounds, I can still feel her ribs thru all her fuzz.

Jane~
Kept by

Always in my heart

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Banned

Jane, They are beautiful! What a wonderful job you did with her!
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 05:47 AM
Knighted Member

[img][/img]
Denver: this was him at the shelter. Barely any fur and weight in at 64 lbs.

[img][/img]
Here is Denver now. He weights in at 85 lbs, and as you can see he has a pretty good coat now. He is pictures with his little shadow Gabriele.... She came to me at 2 weeks old.

Mom to Bart 13 yr old shep/chow 1991 - 2005
Kasey rescue from GA-BrightStar resue
Denver Rescued from Long Island-BrightStar rescue
Rudy Rescued form Queens-BrightStar Rescue
Gabrielle Rescued
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page