Before and After: Rescue Dogs - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Before and After: Rescue Dogs

My own personal dog, started off as a BrightStar foster, then I adopted him. We are in CGC class now, and when we pass our test, we will apply with Sunshine Friends Pet Therapy program so we can do therapy work.

Now, at homehad a bit of an ear infection-was on mometamax)

Sweet dreams!

Home Visit Coordinator
Big Dogs, Big Hearts Rescue

Rambelons Schariar the Titan 12/24/96-6/7/07
BonAirs La Dolce Vita 06/21/05
Gaige 5/23/06
Chance 1997-8/23/08
Sage 12/01/05
Drake CGC 11/30/07
Ava 1/28/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Crowned Member

Chase- who was in OH. Almost was not able to pull this one off, but a miracle came through last minute. I just recieved an email from his new mom today, he is doing wonderful and told me that he is just what they needed in their life, and they in his. He now loves to play with toys and is wonderful with her young daughter.

Home Visit Coordinator

Gaige 5/23/06
Chance 1997-8/23/08
Sage 12/01/05
Drake CGC 11/30/07
Ava 1/28/08
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Crowned Member

Pascha, my foster. Was originally on this board but taken down due to being a mix. A very sweet, but shy, scared little girl. One of my favorite fosters ever-broke my heart to let her go but she is doing wonderful in agility classes with her new mom!! She has really come out of her shell!!

Loved to go for car rides:

Movie Star Pashie:

Home Visit Coordinator

Gaige 5/23/06
Chance 1997-8/23/08
Sage 12/01/05
Drake CGC 11/30/07
Ava 1/28/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Crowned Member

Sandy I love seeing Kayto - you have done such amazing things with her, you are an inspiration.

Another MAS survivor and non-GSD. Markie thanks to his godmother, dd, finding him and bringing us together. Steph, MemphisCockers, originally fostered him after being pulled from Memphis. He had to be carried out of the shelter he was so scared.

After being released from my vet for an unknown upper respiratory infection and bite wound in his cheek.

Just a couple of weeks ago - Markie zoomies after a bath.

Dogs leave pawprints on your heart . . clothes, car, floor, sofa, windows, guests . .
post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Crowned Member

GREAT THREAD!!

Human owner to:
Prinz-Gsd -RIP 8/3/12 Never long enough....
Ava-Rescue
Echo-Rescue GSD/Husky
Barnaby-Holland Lop

Maureen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

White Paws GSD Rescue
In-Take Coordinator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 01:20 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: KShortSandy...The accomplishments that you both have is just mind boggling. I can't think of a better poster child for rescue!
These stories are all very powerful, but when I got to Kayto's post, I had to keep scrolling back and forth, back and forth some more, because the transformation is incredible. I hope his story has been spread far and wide!

I too remember many of these dogs like Ava and Rafi and little Marki and shoot, Elsa's here too! But some of them I've never seen and it's so heartwarming to find them here. Dannie, what is the little guy with the orange bandana name? I can see how he would have stolen your heart!
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 01:40 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: MatsiRed
Quote:
Originally Posted By: KShortSandy...The accomplishments that you both have is just mind boggling. I can't think of a better poster child for rescue!
These stories are all very powerful, but when I got to Kayto's post, I had to keep scrolling back and forth, back and forth some more, because the transformation is incredible. I hope his story has been spread far and wide!
I agree! I did the same thing
Great idea for a thread and thanks to all for posting in it! Hope to see more..what about your dogs MatsiRed!

-Steph

GSD's
Allie, gotcha 7/2007

Forever our angels
Meeka, b. 10/31/94-11/25/06
Kelso, b. 9/3/2006-2/09/12
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 03:08 AM
Crowned Member

"Hope to see more..what about your dogs MatsiRed! "

That will take a bit of time to put together, but I'll try.

I just went back to look at all of them again, and saw little Markie. Missed him first time. That bite wound looks horrible. Did he get bitten at the shelter? He's really cute. Does he have his own thread, can't remember.
post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 03:20 AM
Crowned Member

Jean, I could stare at this one picture all night. Ava REALLY blossomed. At first I thought her muzzle had greyed, then realized it was the snow, and then that realization put a little story in my head about her frolicking in the snow before you snapped this picture. It also makes me wonder, what is she looking at and what is she thinking? I love the blacks, she's equally as beautiful as Anna.
post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Knighted Member

Here's Heidi! When we first got her in October 2007, she was really skinny (48 lbs), really scared, and really sad. She was also very dog-reactive. Now she's happier, healthier, heavier, and has much more confidence. We've been taking her to obedience and agility classes, and she's even going to doggie daycare now.

The first day we got her:

And here she is now:

Karin and Dave

Heidi, 9-year-old GSD
Adopted on 10/14/07 from:

Sheba, GSD/Malamute
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page