Gracie & Ruth - 2 GSDs from TN - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Master Member

Re: Gracie & Ruth - 2 GSDs from TN

Gosh. I read through all SIX pages of the original thread from when the girls were on the Urgent board (thanks for sharing that link with me!) Really cool! That was better than a good "action / suspense" novel... I could actually feel each of your pleas for help, and your sense of determination, hope & hopelessness and eventual desperation. As I read along, I looked at the times of your posts and tried to recall what I was doing as you all were frantically trying to save the girls... from the time that I first read the bulletin, to when I contacted Peggy from the shelter, to when I was driving to Murfreesboro thinking "I gotta be crazy!" LOL! Funny thing is, I didn't realize there was an army of folks out there who cared about these girls and were sending many prayers for them. This experience proves to me the strength of a heartfelt prayer. And ThreeDogs, I truly believe you really were going to drive all the way down here from Ontario/Niagra area to get these dogs... bless your heart!
So, I bought a Powerball ticket today if anyone wants to send some positive energy my way during the drawing tonight. Boy, the things I could do with a couple hundred million $$$.

I've made a pretty awesome video of Gracie & Ruth's story, that I'm about to attempt to post on YouTube. It's the kind of video that will make the hair stand up all over your body... at least it did for me, anyway. Hopefully I'll be able to post a link here shortly.

Shannon T
Dogs: Raleigh & Denver (Hwy Hounds, '02), Moose (Lab, '05), Ruth (GSD, '07) & Suma (GSD, '08)
Cats: Taylor ('99), Banjo ('00), Sydney ('01), River ('02), Oliver ('07) & Rosey ('09)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Knighted Member

Hey Shannon, I think I will go by a lottery ticket today also. If one of us wins then we can buy a bunch of land and run a rescue / boarding facility.

I really think these two girls are lucky charms. When we took Ruth and Gracie for a walk, when I first met them, Shannon found a four leaf clover. Then the other day when I was walking Gracie I found one in my front yard. Maybe I will take Gracie with me when I go buy my ticket. LOL

Amy
GSD Rescue of East TN

Liesel adopted 2/7/04
Judy rescued 1/16/05, foster failure
Trelkez owner surrender 9/27/07, foster failure

In loving memory of Jasmine 2/2/95-11/24/03, she has left this world but she will never leave my heart.
post #43 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Master Member

This is for all of you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLkgwIOrY84

Enjoy!

Shannon T
Dogs: Raleigh & Denver (Hwy Hounds, '02), Moose (Lab, '05), Ruth (GSD, '07) & Suma (GSD, '08)
Cats: Taylor ('99), Banjo ('00), Sydney ('01), River ('02), Oliver ('07) & Rosey ('09)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Crowned Member

Well, I just finished watching your video, I am still crying!!
The music was perfect, you did such a wonderful job.

And yes, I would have driven all the way there if my car would have made it!! I mapquested the drive, not to bad. LOL and I hate driving.

I am glad that you have the original thread, so that maybe you can understand how very much these two girls touched our hearts and the overwhelming happiness that we felt when we heard they were finally safe.
We very much look forward to updates, so thank you for posting them.

And yes please tell us the story of Moose.

Proud Owner to

Stella 5 year old GSD/Collie
Echo 4.5 year old GSD/Rottie
Cyrus 4 year old GSD
Quinn 2 year old Yellow head parrot
post #45 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Knighted Member

I almost made it to the end without crying. Key word ALMOST!! Now I am off to go take Gracie for her walk and hopefully get a few pictures of her. I will send them to Shannon to post later.

Amy
GSD Rescue of East TN

Liesel adopted 2/7/04

In loving memory of Jasmine 2/2/95-11/24/03, she has left this world but she will never leave my heart.
post #46 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Master Member

Haha... I should've posted a warning: Got Kleenex?!?

Jazy's Mom, you make a good point about the lucky charm thing... maybe I should go buy some more lotto tickets. The sad thing is I'm already planning on what all I'm going to do with all that money I'm going to win tonight... start rescue, buy a bigger house, buy Moose some lakefront property, buy a huge transport van... *sigh*

Shannon T

post #47 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Knighted Member

You think your bad. I already have the house picked out that I would buy if I win. I just need to convience the owners they would want to sell to me. LOL There is a main house and either one or two smaller houses on the property and a huge barn that is as big as the main house. I get the main house and the barn would be used for foster dogs. I would install heat and air in the barn and of course each dog would have a doggie door to his/her own run. Then I would hire a few people to help me and they could live on the property in one of the smaller guest houses. It is located near the Agri-Feed pet store and the emergency pet clinic and there are at least 3 vet offices within 5-10 miles.

Ok, now I am really going to go buy me a lottery ticket. Everybody keep your fingers crossed. Maybe Shannon and I will hit it big tonight.

Amy
GSD Rescue of East TN

Liesel adopted 2/7/04

post #48 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Knighted Member

I went to buy my lottery ticket and told the lady at the gas station that a friend of mine rescued two GSD and that I was helping take care of one of them. I told her how we both have found four leaf clovers while walking the dogs and that we were joking about them being good luck charms so we decided to buy lottery tickets and if we win we are going to buy a bunch of land and start a rescue.

Jet this, it turns out she has been looking for a male GSD to adopt! I was just about floored. She has a female GSD mix that she found as a stray and she has always wanted a pure GSD, but she said she would never buy a dog when there are so many in the shelters that need a home. I told her about the two males that I have and gave her my phone number so she could call me when she is not working.

I starting to think these girls really are good luck charms.

Amy
GSD Rescue of East TN

Liesel adopted 2/7/04

post #49 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Crowned Member

Shannon,
You definitely should have posted a kleenex warning. I didn't make it 5 seconds into the video before my eyes were tearing. You did a beautiful job for these two beautiful girls. I had no idea Ruth's neck was so bad. But the hope I see in their eyes - that's what really got to me. I was so moved...

I went to the convenience store to buy three powerball tickets - one for Max since it's his birthday, and one for Ruth and Gracie. I was 15 minutes too late and they wouldn't sell them to me. But I'm going to try another time and I promise if I win that powerball, you and Amy will get a piece of it - along with all the other wonderful rescuers on this board.

ThreeDog:

Quote:
Quote:And yes, I would have driven all the way there if my car would have made it!! I mapquested the drive, not to bad. LOL and I hate driving.
I laughed out loud when I read this. Why? Because it amazes me the things we'll do if it's for an animal. I don't really like driving long distances, but for a dog I'd do it any day. I met Chili yesterday when she picked up Khan, the boy from Harlan, Kentucky. He had a few ticks on his ears. I picked off three of them. Big deal, huh? Well, it's a very big deal because I had Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever a long time ago and I've never seen another tick again - thank goodness! Not until I saw them on Khan's ears. I wouldn't take a tick off of any human, but I plucked them off of Khan without giving it a second thought! Those ticks won't be bothering another dog in the future..

Kris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Murphy, Sheltie/Keeshond, 10/31/91-10/3/10
Max, GSD, 6/3/96 - 4/26/08
Kitties: Taz, Chessy, Jacki and Lucy
Samson, GSD
post #50 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 01:30 AM
Elite Member

Yeah, it definitely needed a Kleenex warning on it! it took me 5 seconds and I'm not so easy to get me weeping!
Now I'm here sitting in a puddle and my niece is a bit worried in case I'm hurt....

THANK YOU for a great job - I definitey show this thing to our shelter boss so she can learn. Our shelter is more like a rescue, and sometimes dogs are there waiting for the right owners a year (quite illegaly as by law they do have 2 weeks only) but it is how our local shelter boss is. She will do EVERYTHING to give the dog a chance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page