Gracie & Ruth - 2 GSDs from TN - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Gracie & Ruth - 2 GSDs from TN

Oh Shannon - that is just the best possible home for Ruth!!! And that Moose - what a hunk! LOVE his ears! They are adorable together and it looks to me like she already knows she's there to stay!!!

Kris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Murphy, Sheltie/Keeshond, 10/31/91-10/3/10
Max, GSD, 6/3/96 - 4/26/08
Kitties: Taz, Chessy, Jacki and Lucy
Samson, GSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Crowned Member

I gotta say that Ruth just made my heart break, I am so happy that she has become a part of your pack.

As for your "dog guilt", you should feel NONE, read their thread, all of us were crying for these girls and you SAVED them, you are a total The only one who should be feeling any guilt are the &*&^% that put these poor girls in the position they were in when you rescued them.

And your Moose I see why the little Ruth wants to stay

Proud Owner to

Stella 5 year old GSD/Collie
Echo 4.5 year old GSD/Rottie
Cyrus 4 year old GSD
Quinn 2 year old Yellow head parrot
post #33 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Crowned Member

Shannon, I had a feeling Ruth was going to adopt your family. That first photo of her and Moose, I knew she had him wrapped - lol. They do have a way of doing that. I hope you continue to stay on the board, so we can follow her progress and how beautiful she is becoming.

I may even have to take a trip out west to meet Gracie when she gets here, since we haven't received updated photos yet

Dogs leave pawprints on your heart . . clothes, car, floor, sofa, windows, guests . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Knighted Member

Sorry about the photos. I currently have my two females and 3 fosters including Gracie. I told myself that I will never have more than three. Yeah Right!

I spent yesterday afternoon securing my fence so that my newest addition can not get out. Of course he was right next to me the entire time watching me as if he was already trying to figure out how he was going to get around the new obstacles. LOL

He and Gracie are not fixed so this means that I have to alternate potty breaks and play time just to be on the safe side. I swear it seems like it takes an hour just to get everyone feed and outside for their potty breaks and play time in the morning. And of course Gracie has no problem waking me up at 5:30 (an hour before my alarm goes off) to let me know she wants to be fed and walked. For such a little girl, she really can make a lot of noise.

Shannon and I are going to get together some time this weekend so that Gracie and Ruth can see each other. I am sure both of us will have our cameras.

Amy
GSD Rescue of East TN

Liesel adopted 2/7/04
Judy rescued 1/16/05, foster failure
Trelkez owner surrender 9/27/07, foster failure

In loving memory of Jasmine 2/2/95-11/24/03, she has left this world but she will never leave my heart.
post #35 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Master Member

LOL, why didn't somebody tell me I had "sucker" written on my face?!?

Is there a different thread about Gracie & Ruth other than this one? I figured since they're no longer "urgent" it had been taken down to keep the board current and I didn't see it in the archives. It would be neat to read everyone's comments about them from when they were in the shelter. I didn't know this board existed until I already had Gracie & Ruth... man, I wish I would've known... that whole experience was emotionally draining. But I'd do it all over again!
I'm glad to have found this place, and don't plan to go anywhere... in fact, I'll plan to introduce myself in the new member's section soon.

I know this site is for GSDs, but for those of you who love the "Rags to Riches" stories, I'd love to share a few pics from when I found Moose in the Walgreen's parking lot when he was about 6 weeks old. He was a pitiful little bag of bones... and worms... and sarcoptic mange. Would that be against the rules?

Also, Jazy's Mom and I are hoping to get the girls together for a walk/playtime soon... so maybe we can get some photos of both girls.

Shannon T
Dogs: Raleigh & Denver (Hwy Hounds, '02), Moose (Lab, '05), Ruth (GSD, '07) & Suma (GSD, '08)
Cats: Taylor ('99), Banjo ('00), Sydney ('01), River ('02), Oliver ('07) & Rosey ('09)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #36 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Crowned Member

I'm just bustin on you. I love these heartbreaker stories and the happy endings.

I know how it is with photos, between my six and two fosters and the one that hates having her photo taken. It's not easy. Keep up the good work.

Dogs leave pawprints on your heart . . clothes, car, floor, sofa, windows, guests . .
post #37 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Master Member

Jazy's Mom, get outta my head!

Shannon T
Dogs: Raleigh & Denver (Hwy Hounds, '02), Moose (Lab, '05), Ruth (GSD, '07) & Suma (GSD, '08)
Cats: Taylor ('99), Banjo ('00), Sydney ('01), River ('02), Oliver ('07) & Rosey ('09)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #38 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Quote:I know this site is for GSDs, but for those of you who love the "Rags to Riches" stories, I'd love to share a few pics from when I found Moose in the Walgreen's parking lot when he was about 6 weeks old. He was a pitiful little bag of bones... and worms... and sarcoptic mange. Would that be against the rules?
Shannon, check out the Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! forum on this board. There is every critter imaginable posted - not just GSDs. We would love to hear Moose's story and of course we can never get enough pictures!

Here is their original thread in the Urgent forum, with all the comments included... I would suggest saving it to your computer if you want to keep it. I've learned the hard way. Save each individual page as a separate document and then you'll have them forever!

Gracie's and Ruth's Urgent Rescue Thread

Kris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Murphy, Sheltie/Keeshond, 10/31/91-10/3/10
Max, GSD, 6/3/96 - 4/26/08
Kitties: Taz, Chessy, Jacki and Lucy
Samson, GSD
post #39 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Crowned Member

Shannon, here's Ruthie and Grace's original thread, PRESS HERE .

Check out Annalise's thread in this section, she has quite the following, from almost feral dog, to Jean's Christmas present, to now. Jean has done an amazing job with Anna. I'm happy to say I even got to meet her in person and she is AWESOME (both Anna and Jean - lol).

We love all breeds here, so hurry up and tell us Moose's story. I have a MAS survivor in my home that has a fan club here too and dd, whom first posted Gracie and Ruth, is his Godmother

post #40 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Knighted Member

Shannon, I don't know if I already told you about Annalise that LaurieB mentioned but you do have to read her thread sometime. She was orginally a TN girl. I had actually offered to help with her transport, but I never got to meet her before she went to Jean.

LaurieB, I know you were just kidding about the pictures. Apparently I am in the "sucker club" with Shannon. I volunteered to help Shannon with Gracie, thinking what is one more. Then two days later, I go to check on a stray GSD that was found 30 minutes outside of Knoxville. The next thing I know, I am loading him into the back of the SUV, because I can't leave him there to get hit by a car. Of course that was the same holiday weekend that I put together a transport from GA to IN on two days notice. And I still had the kennel in the car, because I had just returned from taking Buddy to KY. Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way. I just figure it was a very productive week and I was making up for not being able to do as much during tax season. LOL

Amy
GSD Rescue of East TN

Liesel adopted 2/7/04
Judy rescued 1/16/05, foster failure
Trelkez owner surrender 9/27/07, foster failure

In loving memory of Jasmine 2/2/95-11/24/03, she has left this world but she will never leave my heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page