Gracie & Ruth - 2 GSDs from TN - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Gracie & Ruth - 2 GSDs from TN

Unbelievable difference, Shannon! Her coat looks much better, but just look at those eyes - they say everything! I could barely look at those shelter pictures. These poor babies obviously went through **** and back. Thanks so much to you and Jazy's mom. They couldn't be in better hands. Love the kitty pictures - how sweet is that??? Please keep posting pictures and updates!

Kris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Murphy, Sheltie/Keeshond, 10/31/91-10/3/10
Max, GSD, 6/3/96 - 4/26/08
Kitties: Taz, Chessy, Jacki and Lucy
Samson, GSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 06:50 AM
Crowned Member

I love her smile. She's probably just having her first time as a puppy. She's looking so much more relaxed, happy and content. Those black kitties do wonders training pups how to behave. Keep up the good work and the updates coming.

We do need new photos of Gracie too

Dogs leave pawprints on your heart . . clothes, car, floor, sofa, windows, guests . .
post #23 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Knighted Member

Ok I will try and take some pics of Gracie this week and send them to Shannon to post, since I still have not figure out how to do that. She is doing well and I am slowly introducing her to the rest of the pack. She has been out in the back yard with one or two of my other dogs and has done well. She is all bark. She acts all big and bad and then the minute she is scared she runs for me or back into her crate. Of course once she is in her crate she barks and growls at the other dogs. LOL Mine just look at me like "what is her problem?"

If there are any rescues that would like to help with Gracie, I would really appreciate it. I currently have 5 dogs and there is a limit of 4 were I live. If nothing else, can someone put her on their website and help with finding her a forever home.

Amy
GSD Rescue of East TN

Liesel adopted 2/7/04
Judy rescued 1/16/05, foster failure
Trelkez owner surrender 9/27/07, foster failure

In loving memory of Jasmine 2/2/95-11/24/03, she has left this world but she will never leave my heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Crowned Member

I am so happy for these two- I have been wondering how they were- as I had offered to take them both on- although I was too far away! This whole thread made me cry- one thing I have noticed since joining is how many tears one person is able to shed over stories like this, and over ones where the dog is not so fortunate. You guys are amazing and I am so glad that these girls are with people who have given them a second chance at life.

Home Visit Coordinator
Big Dogs, Big Hearts Rescue

Rambelons Schariar the Titan 12/24/96-6/7/07
BonAirs La Dolce Vita 06/21/05
Gaige 5/23/06
Chance 1997-8/23/08
Sage 12/01/05
Drake CGC 11/30/07
Ava 1/28/08
post #25 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 01:22 PM

Love the pics! Esp. with the stuffed animals. It's almost a look of "Thank you God!" on her face. She looks like she is comfortable there!
post #26 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Crowned Member

The transformation is unbelievable EXCEPT that it IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just look at that happy smile and THOSE ears!!!!!!!

Ania, mom to
Dexter & Yoshi - one-eyed-Pekingese
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #27 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 07:08 AM
Crowned Member

BrightStar is willing to honor our original offer to take Gracie. Please contact Rose : [email protected] .

~Melinda
Halle, 7 yr GSD (dob 7/12/2002)
Serena, 9yr GSD (dob 2000, gotcha day 6/14/2003)
Remington, 9yr old, (dob 09/2000, Gotcha day Christmas 2005.)
post #28 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Knighted Member

Thank You!!! I know she we be in good hands with BrightStar. As much as I hate to see her go, I know BrightStar will find her a wonderful home.

Amy
GSD Rescue of East TN

Liesel adopted 2/7/04
Judy rescued 1/16/05, foster failure
Trelkez owner surrender 9/27/07, foster failure

In loving memory of Jasmine 2/2/95-11/24/03, she has left this world but she will never leave my heart.
post #29 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Master Member

Wow! Thank you, Brightstar! This is awesome news, but like Jazy's Mom, it makes me a little sad to see her go. But I have no doubt that she will be very well taken care of. Awesome!!
When I pulled Gracie & Ruth from the shelter, it was my intention to be 100% committed to both of them in regard to getting them healthy and finding homes for both of them, but that became quickly overwhelming when it was time for them to leave the vet and me with nowhere to take them. I guess I'm feeling major "dog guilt" because I wasn't able to follow-through with Gracie. And I soooo much appreciate Jazy's Mom for taking care of her over the last few weeks. I owe you big time for that!!
I did make an adoption flyer for Gracie that I have given to my vet to share with viable adoption candidates, and also hung one at my office... but no luck so far. Here's the flyer that I made through the Best Friends Animal Society site (I did make a mistake on the flyer, we don't think she is 2 years old, but much younger):

Shannon T
Dogs: Raleigh & Denver (Hwy Hounds, '02), Moose (Lab, '05), Ruth (GSD, '07) & Suma (GSD, '08)
Cats: Taylor ('99), Banjo ('00), Sydney ('01), River ('02), Oliver ('07) & Rosey ('09)

post #30 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Master Member

PS. It is likely that Ruth has already found her forever home here with me and my gang. Update and more pictures coming soon!!

By the way, my dog Moose is a real charmer and they don't call it a "Love Seat" for nothing...

Shannon T
Dogs: Raleigh & Denver (Hwy Hounds, '02), Moose (Lab, '05), Ruth (GSD, '07) & Suma (GSD, '08)
Cats: Taylor ('99), Banjo ('00), Sydney ('01), River ('02), Oliver ('07) & Rosey ('09)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page