Gracie & Ruth - 2 GSDs from TN - Page 12 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Master Member

Re: Gracie & Ruth - 2 GSDs from TN

Celebrating my two year anniversary with Ruth and also two years of working with many of you wonderful folks in this community.

Ruth's new Before & After photo, 5/15/07 & 5/11/09

Suma & Ruth trying to decapitate the squirrel (no worries, it's stuffed.)

They think they're sisters...

Sweet Ruthie

Shannon T
Dogs: Raleigh & Denver (Hwy Hounds, '02), Moose (Lab, '05), Ruth (GSD, '07) & Suma (GSD, '08)
Cats: Taylor ('99), Banjo ('00), Sydney ('01), River ('02), Oliver ('07) & Rosey ('09)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 131 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Crowned Member

Shannon,

There is absolutely no way anyone would know she is the same dog. She looks wonderful and is obviously so happy with her sister Suma.

Since we share a name and my Rafi also started out with a horrible case of mange, I have a very soft spot for your Ruth. Thanks so much for taking her into your home and into your heart.

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
post #113 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Master Member

Please say a prayer for Ruth. She has not been acting normal since last night. Today she seems lethargic and wobbly... not wanting to go outside and just laying on the couch (trying to stay away from the other dogs.) I have an emergency appointment for her in the morning but will likely take her to the animal ER this evening if she seems to be getting worse. She has had ear infections in the past that made her seem wobbly like this but I don't see any signs of ear problems right now. If anyone has any insight, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, please keep her in your thoughts... thanks!

Shannon T
Dogs: Raleigh & Denver (Hwy Hounds, '02), Moose (Lab, '05), Ruth (GSD, '07) & Suma (GSD, '08)
Cats: Taylor ('99), Banjo ('00), Sydney ('01), River ('02), Oliver ('07) & Rosey ('09)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 07:09 PM

I'll definitely keep her in my thoughts I remember going back and reading the threads on them not to long ago!

mommy to:
Abby and Cambrin ~sugar gliders~
Taylor and Brandon~actual children~
Mya ~GSD~

and Magnum*Marley Ain't Got NUttin on Me* RIP sweet, darling boy, gone too soon, always in our hearts.
post #115 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Knighted Member

I just got an update from Shannon. Ruth was shaking her head earlier and she is thinking that it is probably an ear infection. Unless something changes, she is just planning on taking her to the vet in morning.

Fingers crossed that it is only an ear infection and Ruth is milking it for all she can to steal some of the attention from Faith.

Amy
GSD Rescue of East TN

Liesel adopted 2/7/04
Judy rescued 1/16/05, foster failure
Trelkez owner surrender 9/27/07, foster failure

In loving memory of Jasmine 2/2/95-11/24/03, she has left this world but she will never leave my heart.
post #116 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Knighted Member

I also wanted to update everyone on Gracie. I spoke with Gracie's mom and dad the other day and she is doing very well.

She has learned from Riley, their other GSD, to jump on the bed and has now claimed the guest bed as her own. Why share, when you can have a whole bed to yourself. LOL

She is also still getting around just fine and gives Riley a run for his money.

Amy
GSD Rescue of East TN

Liesel adopted 2/7/04
Judy rescued 1/16/05, foster failure
Trelkez owner surrender 9/27/07, foster failure

In loving memory of Jasmine 2/2/95-11/24/03, she has left this world but she will never leave my heart.
post #117 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Elite Member

How is Ruth?
post #118 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Master Member

Sorry I forgot to update, it's been a madhouse lately.

Ruth is doing much better. As I suspected, it was a bacterial ear infection. She has chronic skin and ear flare-ups, but it was a little different this time as the "wobbles" came before the obvious signs that it was ear related. Thanks for keeping Ruthie in your thoughts.

And Amy, thanks for moral support and the great update on Gracie! Yay!!

Shannon T

post #119 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Master Member

Here are some photos from road tripping with my girls last week. They are always so patient when we have fosters, it was great to spend some special time with just them.

Ruthie's favorite photos...

Shannon T

post #120 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: ShannonTCelebrating my two year anniversary with Ruth and also two years of working with many of you wonderful folks in this community.

Ruth's new Before & After photo, 5/15/07 & 5/11/09

WOW, What a difference 2 years can make!! She is beautiful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page