• 2 Post By tim_s_adams
  • 3 Post By Shane'sDad
  • 1 Post By tim_s_adams
  • 1 Post By GSDchoice

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Meesha

We lost our two male GSDs recently...12 year old Cody in Oct. 2018 and 13 year old Beau in June this year...... these are pics of them in their younger days....we have a 6 year old female Aussie and a 1 year old male Aussie both of us really missed having a GSD around frankly more than I can put into words.....soooo a little over a week ago we adopted Meesha from the local SPCA.....she's a close to nine year old long haired sable female....who's heart worm positive..... I believe she was an outdoor dog......used for breeding ......she's just starting to get used to floors, doors, AC-ceiling fans etc....she's a real sweetheart who with a little help has settled in pretty quickly.....Meesha came to be at the SPCA from a rescue- I believe after they found her to be heart worm positive.....

Going back in time more than three decades I've tried to do what I felt was right and contacted a breed rescue there are at least four that claim they will adopt to Virginia....I've been turned down each and every time with out so much as a home visit.....first turn down reason--"I didn't own a crate"----2nd turn down-" my wife and I both worked and we (the rescue) don't believe a GSD should be left alone all day" ??.....3rd turn down a few weeks back from a rescue that had "saved" 38 dogs from "horrible conditions-no shelter-mud feces and urine every where--not enough food or clean water etc-etc-etc-------But...."Please, DONATE what you can"....many pictures of dogs missing part of their ears with the heading foster me or adopt me...so I bit... sent in the application via email....guess what ??... they cover the Mid Atlantic area but they wouldn't make the drive to Powhatan county ( for the home check) just west of Richmond, VA.....pretty darn centrally located in VA....4th attempt with a rescue wasn't a turn down per say but would have been-I contacted them they said they'd make the drive--seemed excited to here from me but before I sent in the app.----I read a little more on their site and guess what?? they don't adopt or foster to a home that has a intact dog--Jake our 1 year old Aussie is not neutered and won't be until around the age of three--which falls under the heading of "my business" any way.....

What's really ironic in my mind is this.... many years ago I had dogs that lived with us for a spell they had dog aggression...some were people aggressive or plain scared of their own shadow--all had some sort of phobia.....they came to my door through a breeder I'd meant at a show when I was young and we became friends she had ties to one of the rescues I later dealt with trying to adopt....she vouched for me... so in a back hand sorta way ( just not directly) I fostered a few troubled dogs for one of these rescues...my friend lent me two crates.....it was actually about 12 years ago I bought 2 crates of my own LOL.....

Now at the end of the day as most things in life do...it all worked out for me--the first "turn down" brought us Shane my namesake here---2nd turn down we found Beau--this time we have Meesha in the end things are better than good....they're perfect !

Assuming my attachments work...the black dog is Cody---black/red is Beau--sable is Meesha.....
Sabis mom likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 04:44 PM
Knighted Member

Attachments didn't work...but congrats on the new addition!
Shane'sDad and dogma13 like this.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain

Tim
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Meesha-beau-cody-callie-jake-meesha-110.jpgMeesha-beau-cody-callie-jake-meesha-105.jpgMeesha-casey-beau-cody-9-1-08-009.jpgMeesha-casey-beau-cody-9-1-08-014.jpgMeesha-6-24-2012-029.jpgLet's try the attachments one more time.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_s_adams View Post
Attachments didn't work...but congrats on the new addition!

Tim you're to darn fast for me lol...I was hoping I'd get 'em up before any one noticed...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 05:21 PM
Knighted Member

Gorgeous pack!
Shane'sDad likes this.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain

Tim
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 05:36 PM
Master Member

Welcome Meesha! What a pretty dog!
Shane'sDad likes this.

Rumo ~ rescue shepherd/husky mix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page