Camo; then & now - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By SknnedWlf

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Camo; then & now

Hello!
I'm new to the forums, but I've been a little for almost a year. Finally made an account to talk about my boy, Camo.

Last June, I had been looking for another dog. Not intentionally, just browsing, as I had just adopted a puppy I named Hank (he's an aussie x Australian cattle dog mix, for those curious). I wasn't seriously looking or even wanting another dog, but I saw an ad on Craigslist for this German Shepherd mix.

His ad wasn't spectacular. It had six photos of him, he looked super healthy, it talked about what he was good at and his flaws, short and to the point. He was good with cats, dogs, and people. Etc. Knew decent obedience, was temperament tested, etc. I thought about it for a bit and casually asked the lady for more information on him.

She said he was going to be a service dog and her current service dog was too dominant in his personality for Camo.

So, I convinced my grandmother to take me the two hours to go and see him. It took a couple chicken nuggets and he was pretty warmed up to me.

Right off the bat, there were some problems. She said he had started submissive urination and hiding in his kennel after they moved, that didn't sound good to me. That sounded like abuse almost.

I worked with him, and fell in love I'm the couple of hours I spent with him.

Long story short,
I've had him for almost a year (June 24th is a year) and he's grown 4 inches, put on 35-40 pounds, his coat has changed some colors, and he's now getting put through a three week training retreat to actually begin service work for my autoimmune disease, anxiety disorder, and severe depression.

Who rescued who, again?
Mary Beth likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 05:44 PM
Crowned Member

Camo is a very lucky dog that you saw his potential and now he can be your service dog!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Royal K9s Baron Sting DB 7/9/2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sting Chance von Gaard 2006-2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page