Let's See Those Rescue GSD's - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Let's See Those Rescue GSD's

I did a quick search and didn't find anything recent, so I figured why not?

Every time I was in talks with a breeder to get a pup another GSD that didn't have a home kinda just happened. I hope to someday get one from a breeder, but until then I love the ones I got to pieces. They are great dogs with wonderful temperaments and I'm blessed to have them in my life

Robyn came from an add on Craigslist. They were going to bring her to the shelter because they couldn't handle her.

Robyn's first day home

Robyn at almost 4 yrs old

Midnite was brought to a kill shelter at about 6 months of age. He was there for a couple months going from the floor to sick area(kennel cough). His time was almost up when I found him. It took about a week of going back and forth and red tape to break him out of there. The moment I met him I fell in love with his temperament.

Midnite at the shelter

Midnite at just over 3 yrs old

Apollo was found on the side of the road as young pup, 8-10 weeks. He is a great dog(we are working on some issues(pretty much my issues) and I am seeing improvement) i don't think I will ever stop learning.

First week home

One year old

A couple days ago, so 14 months

The three Amigos

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 08:55 AM
Knighted Member

I adopted Bruno from a rescue last January. He is around 3 yrs old.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Did they know why Bruno ended up in a rescue? Sables are growing on me and I do believe that will be my next one He is a beautiful dog!!

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 09:16 AM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llombardo View Post
Did they know why Bruno ended up in a rescue? Sables are growing on me and I do believe that will be my next one He is a beautiful dog!!
No. They got him from another rescue in Ohio but had no other information. But, he was an overgrown 80lb puppy that had not been taught any manners including how to be gentle with his mouth and how to stay off the counters. And had some resource guarding issues.

But he has improved so so much and he is so fun, I don't know how anyone could give him up.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 02:13 PM

I adopted my Buddy a year ago, when he was a little over two years old. He came from a GSD rescue located about two hours away from my home. I was having a hard time getting a GSD resuce to let me adopt as I do not live near any rescues and they preferred local adopters. Also, had never owned a GSD before, although I have rescued or fostered many many pets over the years.

Not sure how to post pics here, but boy is he a beautiful dog, aren't they all! He quickly taught me why GSD are different than the average dog in terms of behaviors and training. But we are doing great, I adapted quickly and he is the love of my life. A real velcro dog!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	331145  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Buddy, 7-15-12 -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Opie, Jap Chin, 1/10 -
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 07:50 PM
Knighted Member

We found Newlie on Petfinder, applied and were approved, and went to get him on 12/29/12. The rescue group brought him up and met us a Feeders Supply near our home and I remember my first thought when I saw him was "What a beautiful dog!" My second thought was "Oh my gosh, what have I done?" I was used to a big dog, but he looked HUGE to me. The first night, I was half asleep and I heard him come into the bedroom, sniff and then kiss me on the cheek. That was when I started to love him.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0124.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	331193  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 10:05 PM

Dakota the white GSD( R.I.P.) was rescued by me at four months old from an animal shelter the day before he was scheduled to be put down.He's been gone three years now.Misty I found along the side of the road as a tiny pup.She's four years old now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	011.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	331194   Click image for larger version

Name:	035.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	331202  

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
Devo Yorkie Mix at the bridge
Dakota Wht GSD at the bridge
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 10:45 PM
Crowned Member

I guess I rescued Shadow.
Then and now. Time flies.

Let's See Those Rescue GSD's-baby.jpg

Let's See Those Rescue GSD's-img_0934-2-.jpg
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2015, 05:29 PM
Knighted Member

bumping ...
We are gifted with Barty.. we are thankful every day the volunteers affiliated with Maddac gave us the opportunity to meet him...

Carrie

Mac - 4 year old GSD
Bart - 9ish year old GSD/Akita
& 3 Cats Buffy, Rusty & Magoo
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2015, 05:42 PM
Crowned Member

Adopted Spring 2014. After my dear old senior crossed the bridge, I thought I'd take a while to find the next perfect dog. This handsome young fellow walked into my life about a month later. We pulled him from a high-kill city shelter, after his former owner abandoned him there because the man had to move outside the country.

Blind Ambition:

He's now probably 7, adopted in 2011. He's adventuresome, plucky, and active--he sees with his nose and ears, with little need for his eyes, even on mountain trails (we keep him next to us on the uphill side of the trail, so he's never near a ledge). He loves outings around town too. He's my best argument for why blind dogs really are not "special needs." He was picked up stray dodging traffic (!!!). We fostered him, not knowing anything about blind dogs, but we learned. He unpacked his bags and claimed my DH's heart. He's allegedly possibly got some kind of dwarfism thing going on, at least according to one vet, but not the foxy pituitary kind. He's one of a kind. They broke the mold in heaven after they made this one.

Last edited by Magwart; 11-22-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page