Rescued A Pup Who Was thrown out of Truck - Page 7 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis_Star View Post
I guarantee no one else on here likes to work for free. I sure dont.
Actually I do. I work full time for Mommies Of Pontotoc County where I do family counselling. At MOPC we help family's find housing, jobs and provide free daycare for those who are job hunting. MOPC has its own private cloths closet we have set up use of the community based upon need's. I also work along with Oklahoma Family network as a sponsor parent for clients who are dealing with their children who are in the foster care system. We attend court with them, Make weekly check ups on them, offer 24 hour support & Buffer between the parents and the State Case worker's. There are times I drive up to 6 hours away to speak at an assemblies & events. On average I work 60 hours a week to better our community & state all the while I make no income. I love what I do and I am beyond blessed to have a husband who appreciates my goals for a better tomorrow & Is easily able to make up my would be income.

RIP Mamiduke
Doberman
April 3rd 1987 - July 10th 2003

RIP Missy Reign's
American Pitbull terrier
Feb 2nd 2004 - Aug 1st 2009
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 10:16 PM
Elite Member

Geez.
I didn't know emergency clinics had that high of a deposit. When I took Chloe to the emergency, they only charged me $70.00 for the visit then extra for the pain meds, and it was in a nice area also.
post #63 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 03:40 AM
Lin
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Lin Send a message via Yahoo to Lin
I'd also considering backing off the pain meds if he's being too active. When my Tessa broke her leg, I had to back off on the pain meds because she was trying to do too much. Since they can't understand they need to keep calm and rest to heal, sometimes you have to let them experience the pain to prevent them from making things worse.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
member in education and Service Dog Handler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 10:38 AM
Crowned Member

If they need to rest I don't give pain meds. Harsh maybe, but if they overdo it because they won't feel pain, they are worse off. Nature has its way to keep them calm; it's called "pain" when you move.
post #65 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 12:51 PM
Crowned Member

Hope this guy continues to recover and you get some more advise from your regular vet.

BTW I've only had good experiences with emergency vets. Yes, they charged a deposit up front in my experience. They do this because often people refuse to pay if the dog dies or is seriously injured. They have to pay for the facility, work long hours, handle trama cases and are often the best at handling trama cases.

But I'm glad this guy is doing so well and look forward to hearing what the regular vet has to say about him.
post #66 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Well we just got back from the vet ! Reno does not have a broken Bone. What he has is what our vet described as a bruised bone which is why he was sore for the first few days but quickly recovered from. He said the swelling around the shoulder was due to a hard landing but on Exray, Something that was just done today for the first time, That there was no internal trauma from the accident Sunday. He did saw tho that Reno at some point in time as a young pup had digits on his front left leg , Had been broken but mended well . He said that I should be mindful during cold months as Reno ages to keep that old injury in mind should he some day start limping. Reno got his shots, Micro chipped, Had his dose for HWP . He took it all like a champ , His road rash on his under belly was starting to get pink so our vet put him on antibiotics . Vet said give Reno another week or so and you will never know hw went through this ordeal .

RIP Mamiduke
Doberman

RIP Missy Reign's
American Pitbull terrier
post #67 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 10:55 AM
Crowned Member

that poor baby; so he had a previous broken leg???? thank god you were there to save him from a life of pure ****. gorgeous boy by the way.
post #68 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
that poor baby; so he had a previous broken leg???? thank god you were there to save him from a life of pure ****. gorgeous boy by the way.
It was a broken toe's . Also Reno weight has shot up he now weighs in at 53.4 pounds ! Our vet said he would guess him to being at 5 months but hard to say 100% at this stage . Kinda like an awkward teen I guess.lol Our vet found a knot too on the side of Reno neck during exrays. He said it looked like a Beebe but he told me he wouldn't remove it because it would cause more damage being removed then leaving it? I

RIP Mamiduke
Doberman

RIP Missy Reign's
American Pitbull terrier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page