Rescued A Pup Who Was thrown out of Truck - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 09:26 PM

He looks like my Luna who is a long coated black German Shepherd Rescued A Pup Who Was thrown out of Truck-imageuploadedbypg-free1425522240.568616.jpgRescued A Pup Who Was thrown out of Truck-imageuploadedbypg-free1425522389.269997.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Crowned Member

Lucky pup that you were there.

I'm surprized that his neck wasn't shaved to remove the collar. What do they do for a broken collar bone? I have never experienced that but would have expected to see some stabilizing like a vet wrap brace of some sort. Fill us in on this please.
post #43 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleofnowhere View Post
Lucky pup that you were there.

I'm surprized that his neck wasn't shaved to remove the collar. What do they do for a broken collar bone? I have never experienced that but would have expected to see some stabilizing like a vet wrap brace of some sort. Fill us in on this please.
They did shave the underside along where the collar was, You can see it in one of the photos , His neck is still swollen really good from it. There is also no treatment for the other. Looking at the paper work it's called " Claviclular Fractures" .The Er Vet said there is no treatment for it, Just to leave it as is & give medication to ease pain & slow his movement down as much as I could.

RIP Mamiduke
Doberman
April 3rd 1987 - July 10th 2003

RIP Missy Reign's
American Pitbull terrier
Feb 2nd 2004 - Aug 1st 2009
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynneLittlefield View Post
He looks like my Luna who is a long coated black German Shepherd Attachment 279010Attachment 279018
Your right he really does ! She is beautiful . I just adore his coat, its so thick & dense but smoothest thing I have ever felt. When you run your hands down it, Its like parting the water.lol

RIP Mamiduke
Doberman

RIP Missy Reign's
American Pitbull terrier
post #45 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayana View Post
All I know for sure is his a doll pure or not his the loverboy I never knew I wanted. lol I have always disliked male dogs and had the typical Pitbull owner mentality that " Its Pits or Nothing Else". I have to say his truly a keeper. My sister Mother In Law used to breed German Shepherds and I disliked them as a kid because her's where really aggressive, to the point they would kill their own pups & litter mates. But Reno, his one of those you just fall in love with.

Sometimes, the companions you need in your life find you! Lucky for this beautiful dog you were there, right when love was needed most! I feel that the universe has a way of putting events and people at the right place and time.
post #46 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 12:52 AM
Banned

My mouth is on the floor. I can't believe it, so shocked!!! What kind of evil would do something like this to that innocent pup. Evil friggin people!! I hope they... *calm down Barbie* never mind. Ughhhh oh my GOD I hope you get some leads from your wanted signs!,! These people should payyy!

On a happier note, I am glad the dog literally fell into your laps and now you all have a new happy family member. The pup is so lucky to have been found by you all, you seem to be really caring people. You all are heroes!
post #47 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 08:00 AM
Knighted Member

OMD (oh my doG) what a gorgeous pup!

I am owned by a black long coated GSD and she is a stunner. People tell us how beautiful she is every time we are out with her. And then they always ask "What kind of dog is that?".

If we put this beautiful baby boy up on our web site for adoption, people would be fighting over him.

Things happen for a reason and he is one lucky little fellow that he came out of a horrible situation to land up in your home.

Heartfelt congratulations and may you have many happy, healthy years together!

Yours in GSDs and rescue,

Lea

Good Dogs for Good Homes
Virginia German Shepherd Rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #48 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Sometimes, the companions you need in your life find you! Lucky for this beautiful dog you were there, right when love was needed most! I feel that the universe has a way of putting events and people at the right place and time.
That's the truth of it, Same thing with my husband. Wasn't wanting or needing someone in my life. BAM. I have this habit of finding things I never knew I was missing in my life.

RIP Mamiduke
Doberman

RIP Missy Reign's
American Pitbull terrier
post #49 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARBIElovesSAILOR View Post
My mouth is on the floor. I can't believe it, so shocked!!! What kind of evil would do something like this to that innocent pup. Evil friggin people!! I hope they... *calm down Barbie* never mind. Ughhhh oh my GOD I hope you get some leads from your wanted signs!,! These people should payyy!

On a happier note, I am glad the dog literally fell into your laps and now you all have a new happy family member. The pup is so lucky to have been found by you all, you seem to be really caring people. You all are heroes!
I hope we do too, I don't like injustice and given my field of work I see it to often. It leaves this horrible bitter taste in your mouth when you see the insanity human's leave in their path.

RIP Mamiduke
Doberman

RIP Missy Reign's
American Pitbull terrier
post #50 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
OMD (oh my doG) what a gorgeous pup!

I am owned by a black long coated GSD and she is a stunner. People tell us how beautiful she is every time we are out with her. And then they always ask "What kind of dog is that?".

If we put this beautiful baby boy up on our web site for adoption, people would be fighting over him.

Things happen for a reason and he is one lucky little fellow that he came out of a horrible situation to land up in your home.

Heartfelt congratulations and may you have many happy, healthy years together!
Thank you, We think his pretty spiffy too! Now if only we could snap our fingers and have him stop trying to hunt the counters for food.lol

RIP Mamiduke
Doberman

RIP Missy Reign's
American Pitbull terrier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page