Rescued A Pup Who Was thrown out of Truck - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
If the original owners come forward? You mean the ones that tossed him from the truck?

Did you report all this to the police? This is a crime. The embedded puppy collar (did not happen if the truck was stolen or just the puppy was stolen), throwing him from the truck...and all documented. No reason to hide him. He's yours.
Yes we reported it to the Highway Patrol & our Local city Police.

You would have to know our local city police on animal abuse. We have people who are known animal abuser's adopting dogs from our local shelter to later use as bait dogs. This gets ignored as does any other offense. Our family worries that should we have to return Reno to the original owners he would be lost forever. So we are making sure to put as much Red Tape in the way .

RIP Mamiduke
Doberman
April 3rd 1987 - July 10th 2003

RIP Missy Reign's
American Pitbull terrier
Feb 2nd 2004 - Aug 1st 2009
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister C View Post
?...... you saved them from the pond scum that ditched him. I suppose I should apologize to the pond scum now.
I don't think so.....

"There is a lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look. Example.. I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt!". Author Unknown

Enjoy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 06:14 PM
Elite Member

So glad you were there to pick him up! He's got such a happy little face!

I can sympathize greatly about all the things you want to say to a person that does something as despicable as throwing a dog out on the road. I actually got a mini aussie that way (thrown out of a back door on the highway while I was gassing up). The things I use to describe that scum would burn someone's ears off!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 06:34 PM
The Friendly Neighborhood Witch Mod

I will never understand how people can be so cruel. Thank goodness you were there to rescue Reno! He is adorable!

Train the dog in front of you.
post #35 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Crowned Member

Congratulations on your new pup! He is gorgeous, and I would venture to say he is a purebred long coated pure black GSD....

It is totally inconceivable that someone bought this guy as a pup and then threw him out of a truck.....apparently, they saw you on the side of the road...figured you would pick him up??? Words that I am thinking are not allowed on this forum....and my mouth would need to be washed out with soap!!!!!! I am so glad that you were there....and it is super that you are putting everything in a row to establish your ownership of the pup!!!!! Good for you!!!! and Thank you!!!!!

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #36 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 07:33 PM
Elite Member

Good for you! I got my first German Shepherd in a similar way, she was dumped. He looks beautiful, I think you'll really enjoy him. Can you post more photos? He looked like a purebred long-hair GSD in the first photo, but since he's still just a pup, there's a tiny (very tiny) chance he could be a type of Belgian Shepherd called Groenendael. Probably not, and it doesn't matter except that it might give you a bit more insight on breed traits.
post #37 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 07:57 PM

With my time at the rescue I've seen some things but seeing what people are capable of is always sad. Congrats on a beautiful pup!!!! Bless your kind heart for picking him up!! :-)
post #38 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskeg View Post
Good for you! I got my first German Shepherd in a similar way, she was dumped. He looks beautiful, I think you'll really enjoy him. Can you post more photos? He looked like a purebred long-hair GSD in the first photo, but since he's still just a pup, there's a tiny (very tiny) chance he could be a type of Belgian Shepherd called Groenendael. Probably not, and it doesn't matter except that it might give you a bit more insight on breed traits.
These are the best out of 50 I took. He likes to stand between my legs at all times or stays sitting under my chair. So photos are a "fun" thing to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2200.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	278970   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2195.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	278978   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2189.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	278986   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2183.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	278994   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2179.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	279002  

RIP Mamiduke
Doberman

RIP Missy Reign's
American Pitbull terrier
post #39 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Lin
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Lin Send a message via Yahoo to Lin
I also think he's purebred long coat. Though there's no way to know for sure with a puppy, they can always change.

Long coat is a recessive gene, not too unusual in german shepherds. And solid black isn't either. Here is an example of an adult LC solid black (from google):
http://www.stormcloudshepherds.com/p...eger_large.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
member in education and Service Dog Handler.

Last edited by Lin; 03-04-2015 at 08:08 PM.
post #40 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post
I also think he's purebred long coat. Though there's no way to know for sure with a puppy, they can always change.

Long coat is a recessive gene, not too unusual in german shepherds. And solid black isn't either. Here is an example of an adult LC solid black (from google):
http://www.stormcloudshepherds.com/p...eger_large.jpg
All I know for sure is his a doll pure or not his the loverboy I never knew I wanted. lol I have always disliked male dogs and had the typical Pitbull owner mentality that " Its Pits or Nothing Else". I have to say his truly a keeper. My sister Mother In Law used to breed German Shepherds and I disliked them as a kid because her's where really aggressive, to the point they would kill their own pups & litter mates. But Reno, his one of those you just fall in love with.

RIP Mamiduke
Doberman

RIP Missy Reign's
American Pitbull terrier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page