Rescued A Pup Who Was thrown out of Truck - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 12:53 PM
Elite Member

He looks full blooded he might just be a long coat though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 01:04 PM
Elite Member

Such a handsome boy! Those jerks! It sounds like he was very lucky that day that you were there when this happened. I can only imagine how much worse it would of been if he was left on that street with oncoming traffic.

GSD/Dinozzo (A.K.A. SG Jocose vom Mittelwest); Cats: R.I.P. Xena & Zora; Ferrets/Falkor, Draco, Drogon
post #23 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Knighted Member

I wonder if he didn't actually belong to the people in the truck, but rather was taken ... that seems more logical to me. Perhaps he was stolen.

Xan Varik von Fernheim (born 4/3/13)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galathiel View Post
I wonder if he didn't actually belong to the people in the truck, but rather was taken ... that seems more logical to me. Perhaps he was stolen.
We thought about that as well. Along with the Wanted poster I have contacted all the local breeder's & asked if they had any pups missing or perhaps someone they sold him to had lost him. We have also taken out an ad in our local paper & one in our State paper. Posted on local FB pages, Vets & Shelters . None yet have been able to describe him properly .

RIP Mamiduke
Doberman
April 3rd 1987 - July 10th 2003

RIP Missy Reign's
American Pitbull terrier
Feb 2nd 2004 - Aug 1st 2009
post #25 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 03:46 PM
Crowned Member

(I have not read all posts yet)
Maybe they stole the truck and the pup happened to be in there and they didn't want to deal with him. Maybe his owner is looking for him. It seems to be a well bred pup that they could have easily sold for a good amount of money. Does he have a chip ID?
post #26 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy dog View Post
(I have not read all posts yet)
Maybe they stole the truck and the pup happened to be in there and they didn't want to deal with him. Maybe his owner is looking for him. It seems to be a well bred pup that they could have easily sold for a good amount of money. Does he have a chip ID?
No he doesn't , The ER vet checked him for one. Who ever originally had him left him on a chain because he had a puppy collar embedded in his neck. If we do find the original owner's I will give them a harsh tongue lashing.

RIP Mamiduke
Doberman

RIP Missy Reign's
American Pitbull terrier
post #27 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 04:27 PM
Crowned Member

I would keep him under cover and chip him, get all his paper work so they can't claim him. He will grow up quickly and will be unrecognizable after a few months.
Good luck with him, you and he are very lucky. Things DO happen for a reason. This is the best proof.
post #28 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 04:48 PM
Elite Member

He's adorable! Good on you for giving him a loving home. I agree with others, I think you were meant to be there. Take a read through this forum. It was a life saver for me when bringing up my first GSD puppy. Pats from your eastern neighbor in MO.

Kate

Cafall vom Heinolf (GSD)
Efa vom Strafford Hall (GSD)
post #29 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy dog View Post
I would keep him under cover and chip him, get all his paper work so they can't claim him. He will grow up quickly and will be unrecognizable after a few months.
Good luck with him, you and he are very lucky. Things DO happen for a reason. This is the best proof.
We are diffidently keeping all paper work. Since Sunday we have already spent over 1100 $ on ER visit, treatment , Medication, Feed . I also stated he will be going to the vet to get all his shots & follow up done this week. Later in the month we will be fixing him . My husband and I both agree should the original owners come forward we will offer the option of small claims court for cost spent in return for the dog or will for go repayment of medical expenses for ownership of the dog. Thankfully but at the same time its horrible position , Our state laws require a small amount to claim ownership of a dog.

1. Have animal on your property
2. Feed It
3. Prove you recently spent money on pet
4. Has to have been on property for 24 hours or more.

I think we have a good case either way to claim ownership of Reno. Add in the fact we reside on Tribe Land & A part of the Chickasaw & Cherokee Nation whatever may happen will go through Tribe court and Tribe always rule in favor of Tribe members.

RIP Mamiduke
Doberman

RIP Missy Reign's
American Pitbull terrier

Last edited by Dayana; 03-04-2015 at 05:03 PM.
post #30 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 05:10 PM
Crowned Member

If the original owners come forward? You mean the ones that tossed him from the truck?

Did you report all this to the police? This is a crime. The embedded puppy collar (did not happen if the truck was stolen or just the puppy was stolen), throwing him from the truck...and all documented. No reason to hide him. He's yours.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page