New foster is a bed hog - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

New foster is a bed hog

OMG - this old girl snores, burps, farts - and has a whole array of other bodily noises that she generates!

She screams like a banshee when I leave the house! John said that she made noises like he has never heard in the 20 years that we have been rescuing dogs.

She is a blanket hog and we both LOVE my faux fur, patchwork quilt - she likes it just as much as I do. We wrestle each other for maximum coverage.

She spoons with me and lets out a huge contented sighs as I rub her slightly overweight body.

She listens to every word that you say, tries to do anything you ask of her and she is such a loyal, loyal girl. Apparently the sun rises and sets upon my presence. I don't think I have ever been the subject of this much hero worship! I guess getting this old girl out of the animal shelter really earned her gratitude.

She is completely housebroken and runs outside to take care of business as quickly as possible and then runs back inside to me.

She is such a good old dog that I am going to call her Ima Goodgurl!

The first time I met her to evaluate her she trembled and shook so hard I thought she was going to have a seizure. It took about 20 minutes for me to get a kiss and a tail wag out of her. Now her little tail wags, pretty much non-stop. You only have to glance in her general direction for it to cause a wag-a-thon.

I guess you could say that I am quite taken with Miss Ima Goodgurl!

Yours in GSDs and rescue,

Lea

Good Dogs for Good Homes
Virginia German Shepherd Rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 04:17 PM

I fostered Ima Goodboy about 6 years ago. He is still here, LOL. He was 5 yo when I got him and he would go completely nuts if I was ever out of his sight. Sometimes he would fall asleep and I would leave the room. I always knew when woke up because he would run around the house frantically looking for me and when he found me I could see the look of fear in his eyes melt to "oh, thank god". Only in the last year has he been comfortable enough to trust that I am still there even if he can't see me 24/7. Enjoy your goodgurl.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Crowned Member

Remo Ima good girl sounds like a love. Ok maybe a noisy love. Thanks for gettng her out of the shelter and sharing your blanket w/ her. Ima you landed yourself a wonderful home! Ranger's Mom your Ima Good boy is also a luckydog!

Daisy 11/26/99-7/25/12
Miss Chevy Cruz - 1/25/2013-1/29/15
Thunder -1/25/13 -7/25/15
Lucky-GSD -Rescue -2/16/03 - 03-21-16
Charlie- GSD-Rescue - 7-4-12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page