Aysa - 11 1/2 year old just adopted!!!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Aysa - 11 1/2 year old just adopted!!!!

I am so happy about this placement that I could just burst open with joy. If you scroll through the available dogs on VGSR's web site, you will see that we are true suckers for old dogs and dogs with issues. One of our golden oldies just got adopted into a wonderful home and I could not be more pleased. Below is the note posted from her foster mom:

Aysa, my wonderful 11 1/2 year old foster dog, found the most amazing home. I got Aysa in the spring of this year and just assumed that she would live out her final years with me. Much to my surprise I received an email from Sarah and Ken over Labor Day weekend. Ken came to meet her on Wednesday of last week and immediately fell in love with Aysa. It must have been mutual because my usually shy girl, went over and buried her head in Ken's lap. Within 5 minutes of meeting her, he said that he wanted her. I explained that she had minor incontinence and could not always hold her bowels or bladder through the night. That did not phase him. He was in love. Since Sarah had not been able to come with Ken on Wednesday, they wanted her and their current dog to meet Aysa right away. It was so cute, because they must have called 3 times on Wednesday afternoon, trying to reach me to set up a time for another meeting. They were absolutely sure that other people would be clamoring to meet and adopt her and they wanted to make sure that they were at the top of the list.

As background, they have adopted to 2 GSDs from us in the past and one GSD from HART. He is retired from the police department (and was a lawyer before that). He will be home all day with Aysa. Sarah works part time so she'll be home most of the time. They still have Callie, the GSD/beagle mix that they adopted from VGSR a few years ago. They have a fenced in back yard for Aysa to wander around in and to play with her new sister. This is a fabulous home and I could not have asked for anything better for my precious Aysa.

Yours in GSDs and rescue,

Lea

Good Dogs for Good Homes
Virginia German Shepherd Rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Crowned Member

Awesome!

Shanna

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 7 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Crowned Member

Here she is!

Congrats, beautiful girl!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Crowned Member

Shoot, this chokes me up a little! Guess I have a real soft
spot for the seniors.

God Bless Ken and Sarah!

Valerie

Tamsen's Dogster page:

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Knighted Member

aww It's a good feeling placing a dog in a good home. Bless you for taking her on and helping her live out her years in peace with a loving family!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Elite Member

She's beautiful. I am SO happy to hear she has gone to a wonderful furever home. So nice to know that there are people who are not only able but WANT to adopt senior dogs.

Scarlett WGSD 2/07 CGC TDI(retired)
Paige Husky/GSD mix 2/95-12/08

If you are going through hades, keep going!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Crowned Member

Awesome!

Carolina Johnson

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Banned

This is awesome!
We currently have two seniors in our rescue, larger breeds, almost impossible to place, so I know how difficult it can be - so glad this ol' gal got a terrific retirement home!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Elite Member

I know the feeling!!! My approximately twelve year old foster Brittany just got adopted after spending 13 months in foster care with me. Like Remo, I never thought that she would leave my home. A lady in Georgia wanted her and just adores her,

In 2009 - 2010 I had an 11 year old senior female GSD that my step-son adopted from our local shelter and then could not devote the time to. He was working full time and going to college too. Sable came to live with my husband and me and we had her until she went to the Rainbow Bridge.

Seniors are special and to be treasured.

Shannon

Sabra - female GSD - born April 30, 2012
Sargeant - rescued senior GSD male/foster failure - approximately ten years old (August 2013)
Max - rescued GSD - Dec 22, 2010 to March 7, 2012 - at the bridge
Sable - rescued GSD - at the bridge
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 03:14 PM
DnP
Elite Member

This is fabulous. It sounds like Aysa found the perfect home for her! What wonderful people Ken and Sarah are for adopting a senior!

Diana

Bentley - the light that brought me out of the darkness

RIP Phoenix, Brightstar Rescue, 2006 - 5/6/2017
RIP Dakota 1/5/93 - 10/23/2006
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page