Update Lillington NC sable F (pic heavy) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Update Lillington NC sable F (pic heavy)

As some of you know I'm fostering the pup from lillington however she was marked as a sable GSD which she is definitely not. The rescue has her marked as a dutch shepherd which I would say is pretty dead on but thinking she may have something else in her not quite sure as I don't have much experience with Dutch Shepherds. She is an absolute sweetheart and loves to cuddle and give kisses. She doesn't have strong drives but still really smart and is working great for praise above anything else. Is doing amazingly well with potty training, recall, sit, and down plus off because while she doesn't jump like mad she does like to put those paws up on your to get closer haha.

She's a resource guarder however coming around rather quickly on it (with the help of Jinx finally) Last night the pup (Dutchie) was laying on the dog bed and Jinx brought her a care bear and gave it to her then went and grabbed a bone and brought it to her, set it down, then took the care bear away. Then Jinx would bring her something else and take the bone back. Then she would wait until the pup was chewing the bone and she would pick the bone up stand there for a few then give her the bone back if she was calm and then just laid next to the pup quietly while the pup chewed the bone. We let it go because the pup was actually being really good and didn't snarl or anything so figured it was a good learning experience it just had me cracking up watching Jinx using the trade game with the pup that we always did with Jinx when teaching her not to guard her stuff.

Jinx standing guard while she plays

As hard as hubby tries to be tough the dogs always get to him.. Dutchie's eyes say "I wuv you"

Livin the good life with toys and bones

What? nothing to see here just some cuddlin

Jinx vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Crowned Member

She's adorable!!! I think I may see a foster failure in your future! lol.

Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC, ITD, TC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
"Hades" Guilty vom Blutfeuer 10/26/2018
Zena GSD 6/1/03-2/16/2016
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Crowned Member

Awwwww. She is a very, very pretty puppy.

I think she should live with you, permanently.

Lauren

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Knighted Member

She is cute as can be but she looks more like an akita to me..shorter muzzle, wider head, and stocky body...can't tell from the pics if her tail curls up over her back (which akita's do). Very cute, glad you are fostering her.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRen616 View Post

I think she should live with you, permanently.
Or be shipped to me!!!!

She is way too cute. And a chunky monkey!

And that Jinx what a wonderful big sister she is.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Elite Member

She is so adorable!!! I would have to keep her.....
Just look at the loving little face. Dutchie baby looks happy and content at home. I bet she loves all those toys to play with. I bet she thinks she is just in heaven. Jinx looks very proud of her little sister.

Otto Blk GSD 02/23/10
Circe Blk Sable GSD 06/22/08
My fur babies!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

See I'm glad I'm not the only one I really think she has Akita in her also just by her face or since she is so small possibly another smaller Japanese breed like spitz or something? Her tail is shorter then a shepherd and while it doesn't really curl she does hold it high and sometimes over the back.

Both dogs have dominant personalities so its been quite a bit of work but they are doing so much better together and Jinx loves other dogs but she just doesn't calm down and ticks other dogs off lol she just wants to play all the time and really needs to get out and exercise however its been raining and muddy non stop UGH!

Also to everyone and the foster failure comments I say HECK NO!!! Hubby loves her and would love to keep her I love her HOWEVER Jinx needs to grow up some before another pup comes into this house full time and every time another one comes into the house I remember why we have to wait Jinx needs to grow up alot still or I will have no sanity left (and I don't have much to spare as it is)

Jinx vom Wildhaus
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Crowned Member

lol gotcha!

Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC, ITD, TC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
"Hades" Guilty vom Blutfeuer 10/26/2018
Zena GSD 6/1/03-2/16/2016
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

An added update: We have artillery going off like crazy right now shaking the house (the joys of living on post) When it goes off the pup will lift her head look around then go back to sleep or whatever else she's doing.. gotta say I'm pretty impressed at how resilient she is. Last night I dropped the trash can and she came running in to check it out.

Jinx vom Wildhaus
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

For those that are keeping tabs on Dutchie just wanted to let you guys know she went on trial today. The couple drove up from SC and met her for awhile and decided to fill out all the adoption paper work. They have a 2 week trial to see how the adapts into their home, how their current dog and her get along etc.. then at the end of 2 weeks they have they can permanently adopt her. If things go really bad (doubtful) she comes back to me. Been running all day so i'm exhausted but wanted to come here and update you all on her (hopeful) forever home. Jinx absolutely loved her but she is loving having full run of the house again. Of course I have to admit it was easier having the pup to run with Jinx since she's over here bugging us non stop to play lol. She isn't getting the exercise she normally gets because she's in heat and I get hyper vigilant when she's in heat because I'd rather have a stir crazy dog for a few weeks then risk anything happen. Even leashed walks are minimized because there are stray dogs everywhere and it's just not worth the risk IMO.

Jinx vom Wildhaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page