Marley finds her new home - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Marley finds her new home

My foster Marley, who is a 7 year old GSD with crazy ears, (photo can be seen at www.shepherdrescue.org) found her new home last night! She had more fun playing and wrestling with her new little big sister (Marley is being called the big little sister) (Lily, senior dog in residence, is only around 60 lbs, Marley is 90 lbs) last night than she has had at my house the entire time she has been with me. Lily greeted her at the door with a play bow and then started GI-Joeing and rolling on her back until Marley got the idea that she REALLY wanted to play! They ran through the house like two maniacs chasing and wrestling. The folks who are going to adopt her were so thrilled to see Lily so happy and having such a good time. The whole family was down on the floor trying to get kisses out of Marley! And it is a good thing that this house is HUGE because they have lots of space to wrestle around. I am completely thrilled with the match of the two dogs and this nice, nice, nice family. Marley just hit a grand slam home run! And new mom is off work for the next two weeks so they will have lots of time to get acclimated. I am so excited for super sweet Marley. I will definitely miss her at my house.

Yours in GSDs and rescue,

Lea

Good Dogs for Good Homes
Virginia German Shepherd Rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 02:09 AM
Crowned Member

marley is adorable. good luck to her in her new home with her new family.

mom to the cashman
the rescues...jeni-take-a-ride, and the c-monster
shangri la's seraphina blue (RIP 8/1/15)
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
cricket (african grey RIP 7/13)
voodoo lily (dsh RIP 8/15)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 09:08 AM
Crowned Member

Virginia German Shepherd Rescue, Inc. Dogs

How sweet these two older ladies have found a best friend in each other.

Wow, you have some seriously beautiful dogs with some really sad stories.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Knighted Member

So happy for Marley! I guess they took her page done as it was blank when I tried to pull it up. Glad you found her such a great home!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Knighted Member

I was just looking at their website and stumbled upon Dixie and was knocked over at not only how beautiful she is but how strongly she resembles Nadia. Makes me wish I could take her and give her the loving home she so deserves!

Dixie

Nadia

Nadia - GSD -DOB 12-29-07
Zisso - GSD- DOB 9-16-07
Pepe & Kiki`my sweet kitties

Zisso is my heart~Nadia is my Love~My kitties bring me everything in between~Together they bring me Joy!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Holey smokes - they really DO look alike. I am happy to say that Dixie is on a home visit and it looks like she will be adopted very soon.

Lea

Good Dogs for Good Homes

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Holey smokes - they really DO look alike. I am happy to say that Dixie is on a home visit and it looks like she will be adopted very soon.
Right down to the long tongue hangin out all the time
I am truly excited for Dixie Do you mind me asking how old she is? I adopted Nadia when she was 16 months old, and Dixie reminds me of her at that age...and she will be 4 years in 12 days. It was a tough road to start with, but she has made it worth every struggle, just as I am sure Dixie will no matter what, for her adopters!

Nadia - GSD -DOB 12-29-07
Zisso - GSD- DOB 9-16-07
Pepe & Kiki`my sweet kitties

Zisso is my heart~Nadia is my Love~My kitties bring me everything in between~Together they bring me Joy!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

I think that I remember that Dixie is 3-4 years old. She is fabulous with people of all ages. An alumni VGSR family will be officially adopting her next week. I love repeat adopters!

Lea

Good Dogs for Good Homes

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Crowned Member

Im so happy to hear Marley has a forever home. Thank you for helping her get there.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Marley had a rough first night in her new home, but by mid-afternoon she settled down and started to get comfortable in her new digs. She was VERY bonded to John so I was fully anticipating that she would have a meltdown when we left, and she certainly did.

But the wonderful folks that adopted her did not let this behavior bother them and everyone ended up taking a much needed nap the next afternoon since Marley howled most of the night. She is now happily running and playing with her new BFF Lily. I could hear the dogs romping and playing while I was on the phone with her new family checking up on her.

I am so happy for Marley to end up with such nice people - she is an awesome dog that deserves a happy forever home.

Lea

Good Dogs for Good Homes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page