Charlie's Angel @ 12 weeks!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Charlie's Angel @ 12 weeks!!

Hey Everyone!!

Well it has been 12 weeks since I rescued Charlie. I found out a few things about him since then..... he wasn't two years old like I was told... he's only a year and a half (that would explain why he is such a nut job sometimes) I knew he wasn't two. He has opened up a lot. He has a bad habit of mouthing your wrists or your ankles, but that is slowing down a lot. Just wanted to update you on some photos. Since his leg is healed up mostly by looking at it.... There is still a lot of nerve damage in it. He doesn't like when you gently touch the back of his hock he will kick his leg. He won't get violent or unruley or anything when you do it. But since he has healed up so much, I think he will end up needing a knee or hip replacement... he walks like the horrible "show" dogs you see online. (I know not all show dogs or working dogs are perfect was just an example of the GSD I have seen on Pedigree dogs exposed)

He walks and his hawks wobble in and out.... so hard to tell exactly where its coming from. If I can raise enough money I will get him x ray'd soon. If not he will have to wait for it. He isn't in any pain or it would get done right away. He has been taking off his medications now for a month and a half I believe and he is doing wonderfully! Minus the fact he wants to be the "top" dog and that will not happen here.

SO here he is a before and after of when I got him and exactly 11 weeks later (Last monday)

This is what his leg looked like 8 days into his rescue.....

This is what his leg looks like now....(This was 2 weeks ago, he is asleep now I'm not gunna wake him up to get a new one of today but its got more hair than this now)

I'm really proud of his progress. He also made the front page of our local news paper to bring awareness of animal neglect.

SO just wanted to share with you how he has progressed! I have older posts of more of his before photos a few weeks back

1 GSD - Valkyrie, 1 Border Collie - Ruger
1 Rescue GSD - Charlie

I will love you forever, Like you for always, always forever my babies you'll be.....
RIP - Pharoah (GSD) (July 27/09)
RIP - Brutis (Great Dane) (August 18/09) I will miss you....

Last edited by KittyKat; 11-01-2011 at 12:37 AM. Reason: forgot a bracket in the image so the image didn't show up only half a link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 06:53 AM
Knighted Member

What an incredibly gorgeous boy! Thank you so much for giving Charlie a home, he looks so much better now. I'm sure that with your good care he will continue to thrive .......

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T! GSD - waiting at the Bridge
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Crowned Member

He's beautiful!

Maybe exercise will help his back legs. Winter is coming, so swimming is out, but you can have him pull some light weights on the snow this winter. I fill a gallon bottle with water (8 pounds) and have my dogs drag it behind them. But you can pull more weight on snow than on the ground. Less friction.

I'm having my 2 year old pull light weights in hopes to get a little more muscle on him, and possible future weight pull competitions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Hmm that's a good suggestion.... I will try it! I might just do it with them all then!! My friend has race horses and they have an indoor swim pool for the horses.... maybe if its heated I can use it for him..... And dry him before I bring him out side....

But for sure I will try the weights.... Start out with something small and work from there

1 GSD - Valkyrie, 1 Border Collie - Ruger
1 Rescue GSD - Charlie

I will love you forever, Like you for always, always forever my babies you'll be.....
RIP - Pharoah (GSD) (July 27/09)
RIP - Brutis (Great Dane) (August 18/09) I will miss you....
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 04:14 AM

Thank you so much for giving Charlie a home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page