Princeton, WV - Sampson sable adult male GSD to rescue - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Princeton, WV - Sampson sable adult male GSD to rescue

The Mercer County Animal Shelter has contacted me for help with Sampson a new owner relinquished GSD at their shelter. They report that he is neutered and up to date with his vaccinations (per the owner). He is missing toes on his right hind foot and was born with this deformity, although it has never been an issue for him.

There is help to temp test, pull and transport from this shelter. Please let us know if you are interested in this lovely male.

Shannon in West Virginia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Master Member

What a pretty big boy... There is a transport from the Princeton area next Friday which will be taking dogs 'right below' Martinsburg WV...gas donation requested.

Jetta Vom Alpenhof CDX RE CGC BH TT
Ch Donka's Sharp Dressed Man(Dre)CD RE CGC TC
Donka's Girls Night Out (Nina)CD HT BN CGC TT
Donka's Supersport(Chevelle)RN,CGC {10/19/98 - 5/29/11 RIP princess,we miss you}
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 08:41 AM
Elite Member

bump

GSDs Rock!
Liz Brannan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 11:16 AM

He is a pretty boy - I wonder why they wanted to turn him in?? He looks sweet as can be.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 07:51 PM
Master Member

He is Handsome...BUMP!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 10:50 PM

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Princeton, WV - Sampson - adult sable male

Please remember that there is pull help, temperament testing help and transport assistance from this shelter.

Shannon in WV
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVGSD View Post
Please remember that there is pull help, temperament testing help and transport assistance from this shelter.

Shannon in WV

BUMP

~Jen~

Sable~ GSD NJP, OJP, NAP, NAJ, NA, TN-N, NAC, NJC, CGC
Shadow~ BGSD *Adopted* RN, CGC
Storm~ GSD RA, TN-N, CGC
Skyrah~ GSD, CGC

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 05:34 PM
Master Member

I went with my friend Mike to check out Samson yesterday. Here's a few more pictures and a little more info on Samson.

Samson is a very pretty dog though he is a bit on the smaller side for a male. His deformed foot really isn't a functioning foot.. he limps on that leg when he walks since the leg/foot on a whole is shorter than the good leg. He sometimes just holds it up and hops. That whole leg was tender to the touch from the way he reacted. It would be really cruel to leave him to continue trying to walk on it if he could get some sort of prosthetic foot or pad to attach to it. There's just a wee bit of black padding but it didn't seem like enough to 'cushion' the leg bone pressing into it.

Samson was a little standoff-ish and a bit shy and is slow to warm up to you.. The shelter staff said he was like that with them initially but he's warmed up to them now and lets them pet him and he shows no shyness around them. He's a 'quiet' dog, not much reaction out of him. He did squint and blink his eyes when I reached towards his head to pet him like he was expecting me to smack him!! He let me check him all over(teeth,feet,ears,tail) though he froze up, unsure of what I was doing. Overall, he showed NO fear aggressiveness.... He's a very sweet dog... he needs someone to show him attention and let him be happy. He seemed a little depressed. He appeared healthy, beautiful coat, but a little underweight.

The shelter had him mixed with other dogs when he came in, and in taking him to my car to meet "Kato" , Kato surprisingly lunged at him thru his crate and growled and barked at him and Samson turned and tried to get away. He does seem to be ok with other dogs per the shelter and from what I observed.

He was an OS... there was an incident where Samson ran at a man or child in an unfriendly manner thought he DIDN"T bite or nip or doing anything to him. Somehow I guess AC go involved and the owner turned Samson over to the shelter because of this incident.The statement from AC said they felt the man or child had been teasing Samson prior to the incident and they stood up Samson's behavior. There was also mention from the owner that he thinks Samson dislikes people of color,(this was relating to the incident) but I didn't find that to be an issue at all with him when we visited!!!

SO.. He's well worth saving and he needs a nice home and owner to show him some love and get him out of his shell and be a happy dog!!!

Donka's Supersport(Chevelle)RN,CGC {10/19/98 - 5/29/11 RIP princess,we miss you}
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Master Member

Please keep Samson in mind...he's a beautiful dog with a slight handicap who needs a kind owner and a place to call home. His chances of local adoption is very limited.

BUMP for Samson.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page