WOOSTER, OH: "Twister" - 3 yr old B&T Boy - 1/2 Tail! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Exclamation WOOSTER, OH: "Twister" - 3 yr old B&T Boy - 1/2 Tail!

I received "Twister" in an e-mail from a rescue contact to cross post. I thought I remembered seeing him on here, but searched and couldn't find him.

"Twister" is currently at the Wayne County Humane Society in Wooster, OH which is a low-kill shelter. He is listed as a "mix" but looks pure-bred to me. He is also listed as 3 yrs old, but I think he looks like he's at least 5 or so.

Here is the e-mail from the rescue contact, most of which is taken from his shelter post information:

"This poor guy has been stuck at Wayne Co. HS. in Wooster, OH for a couple of weeks now. His description (as written by the shelter staff) is below. He is missing half of his tail (they aren't sure how). He was picked up as a stray. Can anyone rescue this nice guy? He is super friendly and great with other dogs. He is NEUTERED, has DHLPP, Bordatella, & has been wormed. He is ready to go to a new home! Contact is [email protected]. She is the rescue coordinator. Thanks!

Twister is one handsome German Shepherd. His intelligent is also that of a German Shepherd. Twister would likely be easy to train. He is friendly and loves affection! He can sit and shake for treats and is gentle when taking them. He is friendly toward dogs and mostly ignores cats. He doesn't seem very interested in toys and is relatively calm. Twister came to the shelter with an injury. We are not sure of the circumstances that caused this but he is missing a portion of his tail. Please don't let this deter you he is still a gorgeous German Shepherd. This great guy is also already neutered!! What a wonderful addition Twister would make to almost any family!!!"

I do not have any further information about Twister. If you'd like to know more about him or take him into your home or rescue, please contact the shelter at the phone number or e-mail address given below.

Wooster, OH is southwest of Akron, between Mansfield and Canton.

TWISTER

Adoptable Dogs | Wayne County Humane Society

Wayne County Humane Society
1161 Mechanicsburg Rd.,
Wooster, OH 44691
Phone: (330) 262-0152 • Fax: (330) 262-4590
[email protected]
Hours: Tue–Thu: 10am-5pm, Fri: 10am-4pm,
Sat: 9am-2pm, Sun–Mon: Closed

Pat

Kaiser - 8 yrs old

Ray (Radar) - 8 yrs old - At the Bridge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Knighted Member

Bump-such a good looking boy!

Jamie Lee~blk GSD~6/24/10
Lola~mastiff mix~2/10/08
Samson~minpin~1/29/06
Grover~terrier mix~1/28/11
Victor~GSD~(RIP)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Knighted Member

Gorgeous boy, and sounds from his profile as though he'd be a great family dog.....

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Crowned Member

Exclamation

Raysmom,

I was just gonna post him on the urgent board as he came through to me also today via email. I do not recall him posted on here. Have a friend up in this area from this board willing to pull IF rescue/someone is able to take him asap. She said, this shelter doesn't hold them long & he has been there 2 wks already.

Maybe should be moved to urgent????

~Jen~

Sable~ GSD NJP, OJP, NAP, NAJ, NA, TN-N, NAC, NJC, CGC
Shadow~ BGSD *Adopted* RN, CGC
Storm~ GSD RA, TN-N, CGC
Skyrah~ GSD, CGC

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Crowned Member

Going to BDBH.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
Going to BDBH.

That's great news! Thank you BDBH!

Pat

Kaiser - 8 yrs old

Ray (Radar) - 8 yrs old - At the Bridge
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Crowned Member

Twister, new name pending, is out of the shelter and safe in boarding until transport on 2/6/11!

Here is how he is doing so far:

"Hi Darcy,

Twister is at the center with me. What a handsome boy! He walked right in amongst all the dogs and did wonderfully. He made himself right at home. He played with a chocolate lab at the end of the day. He LOVES to play ball.

He is underweight. But otherwise has a beautiful coat and gorgeous markings. I will take pictures of him and send them to you via email. He will make a GREAT pet for someone. What a good boy!"

Darcy E. Drons
Intake Coordinator/Shelter Liaison
<span style="color: red">Big Dogs, Big Hearts Rescue Inc. ("BDBH")</span>
Email:

(work in progress)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Knighted Member

Yay!!!!!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 04:32 AM
Crowned Member

double yay!!!

mom to the cashman
the rescues...jeni-take-a-ride, and the c-monster
shangri la's seraphina blue (RIP 8/1/15)
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
cricket (african grey RIP 7/13)
voodoo lily (dsh RIP 8/15)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 06:40 AM

Awwwwwwwwwwwww! I wish it was a year from now and Chance has gone through obedience, etc. I would take that sweetie in a SECOND!
I gave birth to twin boys 22 years ago. NEVER again will I have two kids at the same time. Human or canine. Can drive a person nuts with the shenanigans! LOL

Chance, GSD mix. Had a Corgi head transplant when younger. 2-3 yrs old. Adopted from shelter 01-25-2011

In our memories and hearts always
Duchess 1989-2005 Labrador Ret.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page