Whiteville, NC B/T F Very pretty O/S to rescue - for more updates please! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Arrow Whiteville, NC B/T F Very pretty O/S to rescue - for more updates please!

This is the mother to "Black Panther". She was dumped at shelter on Wed afternoon. Apparently she had finally "produced" a white pup, and the owner's have no further use for her. From the pics, she looks like a very pretty dog.

These are pics sent to me by the shelter volunteer. She is not on Petfinder yet. Volunteer told me that although she is an O/S, they did not provide any paperwork, so shelter has to hold her for 72 hours. She should not be PTS in morning. Volunteer said she seems a bit scared, and is hanging towards the back of her kennel. Seems to have a bit of grey around muzzle, but doesn't look very old in the pics.

I am going to shelter tomorrow to see if I can assess her, and to confirm if Panther was adopted.

Shelter info:
Columbus County Animal Control

288 Legion Drive
Whiteville, NC 28472
Phone: 910-641-3945 Fax: (910) 640-1196
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Whiteville BT F 1.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	4963   Click image for larger version

Name:	Whiteville BT F 2.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	4964  

Veronica- proud mom to Turbo, TJ, Angel, Roxy and Jasmine
Volunteer/foster for GSRA
German Shepherd Rescue & Adoption

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 01:38 AM
Knighted Member

Oh my she is beautiful--bump!!

Jamie Lee~blk GSD~6/24/10
Lola~mastiff mix~2/10/08
Samson~minpin~1/29/06
Grover~terrier mix~1/28/11
Victor~GSD~(RIP)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 10:17 AM

**Bump**

Poor girl - hasn't a clue why this is happening to her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 04:24 PM

Any news on this girl?

Krystal

SOUTHEAST GERMAN SHEPHERD RESCUE
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 05:29 PM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

She looks stunning...

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Crowned Member

i wish Whiteville was closer. I would go get her.

Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC, ITD, TC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
"Hades" Guilty vom Blutfeuer 10/26/2018
Zena GSD 6/1/03-2/16/2016
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Crowned Member

She looks so scared!

Kymmey
Mom To~ Dakoda (b/t GSD), Acheron (black GSD)
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Master Member

Such a pretty girl, she shouldn't be so lonely and scared.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Went to the shelter to see this girl today. She is very pretty. She is also very scared and shy at the moment. She was cowering at the back of her run, and would not even come to the gate. I tossed some hot dog slices in to the kennel, and she slowly worked her way to front. She took the treats very gently through the gate. I entered her run, and she ran right back to the corner. Would not take treats for several minutes, and just leaned against the back of the run looking terrified. She did not show any signs of aggression, although she was clearly uncomfortable. I managed to get a slip lead around her collar and was able to lead her out. She was very nervous, yet maintained her composure. She allowed us to pet her and touch her all over, although she pretty much stayed frozen in place. She is clearly suffering from lack of socialization, and is quite overwhelmed. After about 10 minutes, she seemed a bit less nervous, and actually started panting a bit. She kept looking towards the run that Panther (her daughter) was in. She is wearing a decent collar, with a brass plate on it. The AC officer and I took a closer look...her name is Lady. Lady showed no reaction towards any of the dogs in the runs we walked her by. We put her back in her run and she went back to the corner...guess that is where she feels most secure.

The AC officer said that to her understanding, the dog was fairly well cared for. (We both noticed that her nails have even been trimmed recently, very square blunt edges). Her coat is nice and shiny, and she appears to be an decent weight. She would have been dropped off with Panther the day before, but refused to get in the car. The owners's had AC come and pick her up. Poor girl is obviously quite traumatized.

She is definately a project dog, but I think she has a real gentle spirit under there. Here are some pictures.

I am going to see if there is any possible way to squeeze her into the rescue. She is a very nice girl. Her eyes are just heartbreakers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lady at CCAC 023.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	4966   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lady at CCAC 024.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	4967   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lady at CCAC 036.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	4968   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lady at CCAC 038.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	4969  

Veronica- proud mom to Turbo, TJ, Angel, Roxy and Jasmine
Volunteer/foster for GSRA
German Shepherd Rescue & Adoption

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 10:56 PM

I hope it works out for lovely Lady and she can get into rescue. Poor thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page