St Pauls, NC - King Kool, Friendly Sad - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Knighted Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,264
He pooped!!! YEAH!!! it was partly solid then lots of liquid - wow he had a lot in him .... I don't know where he was storing it! But again - He went on the towel in the bathroom and it got some on the tile, but I told him how good he was and it was so easy to clean up.

Okay - now off to bed....not sure why I had to share the poop part but since I read about poop on here alot I figured I would share. I didn't see any worms which is good I hope...but it does smell to high heaven....I guess those 6 chicken strips from McDonalds helped clean him out!.
rjvamp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Crowned Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: york township, mi
Posts: 7,466
hi robert, thanks for helping this boy, i have the feeling you may find out when you vet him that all's not well. hope you'll be vetting him right away, i think he's probably really uncomfortable.

mom to the cashman
the rescues...jeni-take-a-ride, and the c-monster
shangri la's seraphina blue (RIP 8/1/15)
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
cricket (african grey RIP 7/13)
voodoo lily (dsh RIP 8/15)
katieliz is offline  
post #43 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 06:30 AM
Knighted Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,264
He is going to vet this morning....going to take him to see Angele's vet when I lived down here. I think he has a bladder or urinary infection with the STRONG odor coming from the urine. He is eating, pooped and peas so those are good signs. But I know there are some mental issues we are going to have to work on plus the hernia issue and potentially other things once the exam is done. In time he will heal up.

My partner is going to spend lots of time bonding with him once I get him up North and keep him in the room with him while he plays world of warcraft (and away from the other dogs) so he can slowly get integrated without feeling overwhelmed.

By the way - we named him Jack
rjvamp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #44 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 06:55 AM
vat
Knighted Member
 
vat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kingston, IL
Posts: 3,027
Thank you Robert for taking this poor boy in. Best of luck to Jack at the vet, hope all is well.

Valerie

Shewana's Maximum Velocity (aka Max)
Shewana's Hot-Spice (aka Callan)

Kaycee 11/97-5/10
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rio 10/08-2/10
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.
vat is offline  
post #45 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Crowned Member
 
KZoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 19,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvamp View Post
He is going to vet this morning....going to take him to see Angele's vet when I lived down here. I think he has a bladder or urinary infection with the STRONG odor coming from the urine. He is eating, pooped and peas so those are good signs. But I know there are some mental issues we are going to have to work on plus the hernia issue and potentially other things once the exam is done. In time he will heal up.

My partner is going to spend lots of time bonding with him once I get him up North and keep him in the room with him while he plays world of warcraft (and away from the other dogs) so he can slowly get integrated without feeling overwhelmed.

By the way - we named him Jack

OMG thats too funny. We were going to name him Jack. I'm glad you were able to get him out of the car. The pictures are great. He looks like he's doing a little better at least. My husband was actually kinda disappointed he didnt get to see him. cant wait to see him as he gets better. Poor guy has had it rough. Let me know what the vet says! Thanks again Robert. I'm so glad he's outta the shelter.

Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC, ITD, TC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
"Hades" Guilty vom Blutfeuer 10/26/2018
Zena GSD 6/1/03-2/16/2016
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline  
post #46 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Knighted Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by KZoppa View Post
OMG thats too funny. We were going to name him Jack. I'm glad you were able to get him out of the car. The pictures are great. He looks like he's doing a little better at least. My husband was actually kinda disappointed he didnt get to see him. cant wait to see him as he gets better. Poor guy has had it rough. Let me know what the vet says! Thanks again Robert. I'm so glad he's outta the shelter.
You are welcome and that is too funny about the name! I was sitting thinking last night what to call him and Jack came to mind I wish your husband could have seen him too.....I will def. be posting pics and videos of his progress.

He is still nervous, I'm trying to build confidence up by leading him and not letting him just sit. I got him to walk down the stairs of the hotel this morning (we had to move hotels - fun!) and then take the elevator one last floor.

He got in the car okay and out better than last night - I was in shock. But I think applying leadership skills and let him know sitting wasn't an options then I think he recognized I wasn't going to harm him and he followed. He did not try to get on bed at all last night....just slept at door or next to bed.

He is at Preston Animal Hospital this morning being checked all over. Welcome to Preston Animal Hospital Online

He has the runs - it is smelly! OMG - I almost threw up cleaning that up. But he is SO SMART - he did as I asked - go to the bathroom in the bathroom on the towels! So the cleanup was more like pick up the smelly towels and what got off the towel on the tile I had to clean.

When the bacon came up for breakfast he was at my plate like white on rice. I gave him some as well as some of the pancakes. I figured if he was hungry and would eat I'm happy. He did eat some kibble last night. And did drink a lot which is good - due to the runs.

So today has so far started okay. I feel the road to confidence building and getting some more pounds on him will be long. Not sure what that boy has been through but he is headed for at least two surgeries - being fixed and getting hernia taken care of. Let's hope that is all.

The vet tech said they would see how he does today and he will probably get a bath, toes clipped, ears cleaned and look like a new dog this evening. He will get all the shots he needs as well.

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts, prayers and concern for him. I wish it had worked out for you KZoppa but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Thanks for trying though last night. And it was nice to meet you.

Not sure why I really looked at his picture other than it said King Kool and I knew he had to be saved. He is more like a little prince that will have a BIG brother Angeles to lead the way for him.

BTW - he is 65.2 lbs.

Last edited by rjvamp; 11-03-2010 at 08:42 AM.
rjvamp is offline  
post #47 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Knighted Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by vat View Post
Thank you Robert for taking this poor boy in. Best of luck to Jack at the vet, hope all is well.
Thanks Valerie
rjvamp is offline  
post #48 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Crowned Member
 
KZoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 19,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvamp View Post
You are welcome and that is too funny about the name! I was sitting thinking last night what to call him and Jack came to mind I wish your husband could have seen him too.....I will def. be posting pics and videos of his progress.

He is still nervous, I'm trying to build confidence up by leading him and not letting him just sit. I got him to walk down the stairs of the hotel this morning (we had to move hotels - fun!) and then take the elevator one last floor.

He got in the car okay and out better than last night - I was in shock. But I think applying leadership skills and let him know sitting wasn't an options then I think he recognized I wasn't going to harm him and he followed. He did not try to get on bed at all last night....just slept at door or next to bed.

He is at Preston Animal Hospital this morning being checked all over. Welcome to Preston Animal Hospital Online

He has the runs - it is smelly! OMG - I almost threw up cleaning that up. But he is SO SMART - he did as I asked - go to the bathroom in the bathroom on the towels! So the cleanup was more like pick up the smelly towels and what got off the towel on the tile I had to clean.

When the bacon came up for breakfast he was at my plate like white on rice. I gave him some as well as some of the pancakes. I figured if he was hungry and would eat I'm happy. He did eat some kibble last night. And did drink a lot which is good - due to the runs.

So today has so far started okay. I feel the road to confidence building and getting some more pounds on him will be long. Not sure what that boy has been through but he is headed for at least two surgeries - being fixed and getting hernia taken care of. Let's hope that is all.

The vet tech said they would see how he does today and he will probably get a bath, toes clipped, ears cleaned and look like a new dog this evening. He will get all the shots he needs as well.

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts, prayers and concern for him. I wish it had worked out for you KZoppa but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Thanks for trying though last night. And it was nice to meet you.

Not sure why I really looked at his picture other than it said King Kool and I knew he had to be saved. He is more like a little prince that will have a BIG brother Angeles to lead the way for him.

BTW - he is 65.2 lbs.

well he weighs more than i thought he would. Do you think you'll try to get the neutering and hernia surgery done together or do one and wait to do the other? I'd be willing to bet he was always supposed to go to you to begin with, just needed someone to say they'd take him. I think he'll be fine and come out a perfect dog when he's all healed and rested. He does sound extremely intelligent with the bathroom bit. Thats great. My hubby said we would have named him Captian Jack Sparrow, Jack for short. lol. I'll have to tell him about him being named jack after all.

Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC, ITD, TC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
"Hades" Guilty vom Blutfeuer 10/26/2018
Zena GSD 6/1/03-2/16/2016
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline  
post #49 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Knighted Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,264
I like that - Captain Jack Sparrow - He did sort of remind me of Johnny Depp drunk walking down the hall last night (as Captain Jack!) not that I think of it......LOL

Well - vet called. He has three different worms - so they are worming him. HW was negative - but they said test in 6 months again just in case since we have NO history of his HW protection. He has an eye infection. They did an xray and all was where it should be. The hernia can be fixed up north. So will probably do two different surgeries vs. all at once - that might be too traumatic for him - but will see as I get up there and what the vet recommends.

He is getting his bath now, being treated for fleas (even though he didn't have any - getting the frontline plus) - he did have a tick so they are dealing with that. Toe nails trimmed, ears cleaned. And all of his shots - boosters as they are needed but done up north when I get his records transferred.

So in all - he should be a healthy boy once it is all said and done. And I think once settled he will be fine with the loose stool too - worms + stress....not fun!

Now if I can just get him to BOND with John and not me I will be happy! All the other dogs bonded with me and John is always like - NOT FAIR! LOL I think during his recovery and John being there for him and helping him - he is the one that has promised to take on this role for me, then I don't think there will be an issue with bonding.
rjvamp is offline  
post #50 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Crowned Member
 
GSDBESTK9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 29,144
I would probably have the neuter and hernia fixed at the same time. That's what I've always heard is best. Get it all one at the same time, one surgery.
When are you going back North?

Carolina Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GSDBESTK9 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Picks of Jack - King Kool from NC that was Rescued rjvamp Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! 10 06-10-2011 12:00 PM
New Jack the Rescue Pictures (King Kool NC) rjvamp Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! 6 05-19-2011 10:25 PM
Jack - King Kool from St. Pauls NC Rescue rjvamp Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! 2 03-11-2011 06:30 PM
St Pauls, NC -ID:41301 Violet, F,Friendly PTS 8/24 pamela berger Follow-up from 13 08-24-2009 11:59 AM
St Pauls, NC -ID:41301 Violet, F,Friendly PTS 8/24 pamela berger Urgent 0 08-22-2009 03:26 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome