St Pauls, NC - King Kool, Friendly Sad - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 09:07 PM
vat
Knighted Member

OMG I thought I would die before you posted again, lol. How sad for King poor baby but I am glad he is out of there. I hope he comes around soon.

Valerie

Shewana's Maximum Velocity (aka Max)
Shewana's Hot-Spice (aka Callan)

Kaycee 11/97-5/10
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rio 10/08-2/10
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to Miikkas mom
Oh that poor baby! You guys made the right choice, though. I think he would have really clammed up at your house. I donít mean that in a derogatory way but I know you have a house full and I think King needs peace and quiet, right now.

Whatís going to happen now? Is Robert going to keep him?

Momma to:
Miikka, 2-year old F Black & Red WGSL
Scout, 5 year F calico cat

Waiting at the Rainbow Bridge:

Bella, 15 yr old GSD/Chow chow mix
Annie, 16 yr old Black Cocker Spaniel
Socks, 15 yr old Tuxedo cat
post #33 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miikkas mom View Post
Oh that poor baby! You guys made the right choice, though. I think he would have really clammed up at your house. I donít mean that in a derogatory way but I know you have a house full and I think King needs peace and quiet, right now.

Whatís going to happen now? Is Robert going to keep him?

no offense taken. Yeah we do have a full house and given how much just individual work this boy is going to need, i dont think hyper kids would help him at all. I'm sure in time he would have been fine but still. Yes Robert is going to keep him. He has a full house himself but no kids. If my kids were a little older it would have been easier but this poor dog needs adults only right now. He moved to stand next to me a couple of times but he chose the car he got into. As long as he's happy or on his way there THAT is what counts. Thats a happy ending all on its own. I'll try to help the next one who needs it. We'll see. He has beautiful coloring and would be absolutely stunning with that rich glossy coat and at the right weight. I think even if he had come home with me, Shasta may have been too much for him at this point. She seems to be getting more energy lol. I'm very proud of Shelby though. She didnt get obnoxious with him. Sniffed, said her hello and just kept an eye on him. She tried her best to get him to relax and realize we were okay. He relaxed a bit so it shows promise.

Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC, ITD, TC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
"Hades" Guilty vom Blutfeuer 10/26/2018
Zena GSD 6/1/03-2/16/2016
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Knighted Member

He would have perked up in a few days. When I had my westie/bischon mix dumped on me she wouldn't leave her crate for two days, had to be carried out to potty, and didn't eat for a week. The next week she was tearing my pajama pants and running around amongst the kids and chaos like she had been here all along. I hope King Kool settle in with Robert and he can keep him permanently or at least work with him for awhile until a permanent home is found
post #35 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeys mom View Post
He would have perked up in a few days. When I had my westie/bischon mix dumped on me she wouldn't leave her crate for two days, had to be carried out to potty, and didn't eat for a week. The next week she was tearing my pajama pants and running around amongst the kids and chaos like she had been here all along. I hope King Kool settle in with Robert and he can keep him permanently or at least work with him for awhile until a permanent home is found

i think he's going to keep him as a permanent member of the family. I mean coaxing him with chicken wasnt entirely enough to get him out of the car. He had to get a little push out lol. He's weak and i'm sure in pain with the umbilical hernia going on. When he went to pee, he didnt pee like a normal adult. He hunkered down like a female or a pup and did that a couple of times so i'm sure the hernia is affecting his bladder. Its calmer with Robert and as jumpy as poor King is, thats the best choice for him. Poor probably would have had a heart attack here lol. Especially since i came home and my greeting was GSD play sounds followed by a yelp and skittering claws on the floor.

Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC, ITD, TC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
"Hades" Guilty vom Blutfeuer 10/26/2018
Zena GSD 6/1/03-2/16/2016
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
post #36 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Knighted Member

He is so smart - I showed him the bathroom and a towel and said if you need to go to bathroom go there...and he did :-)

I will be posting pictures in a moment.

Robert
post #37 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Knighted Member

His urine is very strong smelling. Vet will tell me more tomorrow. At least he is drinking water and he ate so that is good. I don't know if I should give him more water, he seems to want more, but he just drank almost 16 oz - more like 12 oz....and he peed A LOT...but he did hold it for almost 3 hours for our ride - and he drank some in the car. I'm going to let his stomach settle a bit before giving him more water.....just in case his kidneys aren't so good...I don't want to over due until I see the vet and get a blood work up, etc....
post #38 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Knighted Member

post #39 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Knighted Member

Here is the video link:

In the car | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
post #40 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Knighted Member

And yes - as one person asked - we are going to keep him, nurse him back to health....take it a day at a time. His hernia I can tell bothers him - it is rather large but SOFT not hardened. I'm not sure how old he really is. But his teeth are really clean. His gums did bleed when he used the chew toy.

Well, we are off to bed in a moment - It has been a LONG day!

Best to all

Robert

Last edited by rjvamp; 11-03-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page