St Pauls, NC - King Kool, Friendly Sad - Page 21 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #201 of 209 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 09:07 PM
Knighted Member

All, Since you were instrumental in the process of helping me coordinate rescuing Jack, I wanted to come back to you to let you know that Jack passed away on 30 July 2015. He had gallbladder surgery, his already low albumin dropped even further and two days after the surgery he went septic and I had to make the horrid decision to let him go. Thankfully I was able to say goodbye.

If you would like to read about the last bit of his journey and see his film I made in 2012, you can visit Jack, German Shepherd Dog, Medical by Robert Davis - GoFundMe please note I am NOT asking anyone to donate by putting up the link. It just is the place where I have his last days' story.

Thank you again for being there so I could find him and give him an awesome life. He touched me more than anyone can ever know.... he was love incarnate.

Thank you.

Robert Davis

Robert

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dad to:
Angeles von Lobos (pronounced Angelus)
Jack (RIP)
Cotton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 209 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 10:14 PM
The "I'm not dead yet" Administrator.

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. You and Jack had a very special bond.

"So that others may live"

Hannah vom Steffenhaus, BH, Wilderness SAR
Eisenhower v.d Polizei "Ike" Wilderness SAR, CGC
B'Lena z. Treuenhanden
Nixon vom Banach, RATN
Phoster, FEMA USAR(Labrador)
Ch. Pennywise Sticky Wicket(Dandie Dinmont Terrier)
post #203 of 209 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 11:31 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jack was an amazing dog and reading your beautiful story made me both happy and sad. You are a wonderful person for giving him such a great life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #204 of 209 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 07:26 AM
Knighted Member

Thank you gsdsar and MishkasMom. He was a special little soul filled with so much love yet his body just couldn't keep up. Always one thing or another. I will always be thankful for being introduced to him and having him touch my life in only the way the unconditional love from a dog can do. He will be missed always.

edit: here is the direct link to his video as today I'm closing the go fund me today. thank you all again for being a part of his journey to freedom. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEU438-V5nA

Robert

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dad to:
Angeles von Lobos (pronounced Angelus)
Jack (RIP)
Cotton

Last edited by rjvamp; 09-11-2015 at 07:27 AM. Reason: added youtube video direct link
post #205 of 209 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 03:25 AM
Crowned Member

Robert I'm so sorry for your loss. I remember Jack very well. I'm so glad you were able to give him a loving place to call home. I hope he enjoyed many more chicken nuggets lol. I remember he was very much not interested in getting out of your rental car even for nuggets haha.

Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC, ITD, TC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
"Hades" Guilty vom Blutfeuer 10/26/2018
Zena GSD 6/1/03-2/16/2016
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
post #206 of 209 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 04:38 PM

I read your posts and I'm glad that you stepped out on a limb and adopted Jack. You are truly a blessing and I'm quite sure that God will reward you for reaching out and saving Jack from a life of neglect, sorry for your losses and continue to have a loving heart.
post #207 of 209 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 03:26 PM
Knighted Member

Thanks you Kzoppa. Yeah. He was so shut down then. He loved his nuggets finally. I had to feed him by hand for about a year. He would never grab the food. He let me place in his mouth like a bird he was so spoiled. If he didn't have some kind of topper on his food he would wait like 'um dad... You forgot something.' Amazing how much he touched my life. Miss him like crazy.
post #208 of 209 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 03:27 PM
Knighted Member

Thank you Darthvader. He was an angel on earth. Now on the other side. We had a journey together I'll never forget.
post #209 of 209 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 02:11 AM
Crowned Member

Robert,

I am so sorry for your loss. Thanks for giving Jack a wonderful home. May you find comfort in the wonderful memories you shared.

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page