Georgetown, OH - #621 M Blk Terrified to rescue stories - Tarheel please update - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Georgetown, OH - #621 M Blk Terrified to rescue stories - Tarheel please update

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | German Shepherd Dog | Georgetown, OH | 621

621 Intake: 10/13/10 Available: 10/19/10 *NO SMALL ANIMALS* Male, German Shepherd, brought in by man who said dog strayed into their yard and killed their puppy, 2-3 yrs. old, 70lbs. This boy is terrified and will not come out his kennel. He has NO aggression toward people at all and usually cowers in the corner. I've spent alot of time this past week just talking to him and while he is still afraid he is MUCH better and doesn't try to hide. I've brought a number of dogs up to his kennel and he greets appropriately with tail wagging. Adoption Fee: $50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

IMO: I find it hard to believe that if a stray 70 lb. GSD wandered into your yard and killed your puppy, that one would attempt to catch it, somehow get it into your car and take it to a shelter. I think a normal person would call the police and AC.

Just sounds a little fishy.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Crowned Member

Black GSD's tug at my heart

I wish I had more room in my home.

Lauren

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Elite Member

I don't like to see any black GS's at shelters this time of the year, I HATE to say this, but sometimes they are adopted for the wrong reason. Is anyone close to the shelter that could help him now? His pull fee is only $50.

~Vicki
My sunshine does not come from the skies,
It comes from the love in my dogs eyes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xira View Post
I don't like to see any black GS's at shelters this time of the year, I HATE to say this, but sometimes they are adopted for the wrong reason. Is anyone close to the shelter that could help him now? His pull fee is only $50.
I know what you mean, this time a year it is not a good idea to adopt out any black animals, people are sick.

Lauren

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Crowned Member

Is anyone familiar with this shelter? Is it a high euth rate or do they usually make it out via adoption/rescue?

Do they do out of state adoptions? Do they alter and vac prior to leaving or can it be done privately if not done already? (unless I'm missing it, it doesn't say anything about being neutered)
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 01:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Tarheel
Sounds like a bs story to me. I emailed to make sure he is still available.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Crowned Member

Oh wow, he looks & sounds just like our SHADOW ! High prey drive, but to kill a pup when it's not even your yard ?????? I could maybe see if the pup/dog wondered into his yard.

He is just beautiful & yes, BAD time of yr for any all bk pet, dog or cat ! Do wish I were closer, would ck him out.

~Jen~

Sable~ GSD NJP, OJP, NAP, NAJ, NA, TN-N, NAC, NJC, CGC
Shadow~ BGSD *Adopted* RN, CGC
Storm~ GSD RA, TN-N, CGC
Skyrah~ GSD, CGC

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Remember, there'so proof that he killed a pup; just the word of the guy who turned him in. Like I said, sounds fishy.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 07:43 PM
vat
Knighted Member

I agree fishy, he was probably the owner making up a story. Who would let a stray kill a pup and like you said catch the dog???

Valerie

Shewana's Maximum Velocity (aka Max)
Shewana's Hot-Spice (aka Callan)

Kaycee 11/97-5/10

Rio 10/08-2/10

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page