Athens, GA, 9 seized from breeder! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 122 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Athens, GA, 9 seized from breeder!

I was afraid I'd clog up the thread if I posted 9 in a row so I'm listing them all there.

31228 & 31229 – Sable & Hannah | Athenspets.net
31231 & 31230 – Murphy & Wesley | Athenspets.net
31232 – Hailey | Athenspets.net
31233 – Rogue | Athenspets.net
31234 – Jebber | Athenspets.net
31235 – Fisher | Athenspets.net
31236 – Stark | Athenspets.net

31228 & 31229 – Sable & Hannah

31231 - Murphy

31230 - Wesley

31232 – Hailey

31233 – Rogue

31234 – Jebber

31235 – Fisher

31236 – Stark

These dogs need to go to experienced German Shepherd rescues, or with rescues that have experienced trainers that could rehabilitate the dogs. They are not well socialized and are exhibiting fear-avoidance behavior. They have not shown ANY aggression, even when pushed and stressed. They are all extremely smart and once their trust has been earned, will make excellent companions. They will need patience and consistent training. These dogs were confiscated from a breeder that kept the dogs in terrible conditions. A few of these dogs have been confiscated before, but hopefully this time the breeder will lose the dogs in court. All of the dogs are available to rescues, but don’t pull them just because your heart aches for them. They need proper socialization through an experienced handler. They shut down when people come near them. They don’t have a clue what a leash or even a collar is. They’ve rarely had human contact. They are gorgeous dogs and “somewhat healthy”. None of them are on the edge of starvation, or have serious injuries. Several have been bred numerous times. Their time will be up soon and they are taking up a lot of space at the shelter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 122 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Crowned Member

Oh my goodness X 9. That is so very sad. They are beautiful dogs. What is wrong with people?
post #3 of 122 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Crowned Member

i would take Murphey if i could. I hate having experience with this and not being able to help in these instances. Its another reason i cant wait til we own our house instead of renting. Wishing and hoping and praying for these guys and gals. They're all so beautiful. Its sad they're in such a position.

Shasta GSD 5/5/10 CGC, ITD, TC
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus BCAT CAX2 CGCA ETD HCT NCO-1 PKD-T RATI RATN RA TC TKA 3/18/2013
"Hades" Guilty vom Blutfeuer 10/26/2018
Zena GSD 6/1/03-2/16/2016
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 122 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 06:33 PM
vat
Knighted Member

How sad, I hope this time they throw the breeder in jail!

Valerie

Shewana's Maximum Velocity (aka Max)
Shewana's Hot-Spice (aka Callan)

Kaycee 11/97-5/10
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rio 10/08-2/10
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.
post #5 of 122 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Crowned Member

Is this the breeder that was a member here?
post #6 of 122 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

What is the story behind these guys because it seems you guys no more than was posted on the website. I haven't been to the AC since they came in to ask. You guys seem to be familiar with them though...

I seriously hope at least some of these guys get rescued; it seems like most rescues go for the healthy and temperamentally sound ones, at least at this shelter. And AC is seriously overflowing with dogs, when aren't they? These guys deserve to see what's actually so grand about living
post #7 of 122 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 09:12 PM

I am going to try and work on pulling at least one of them- don't really care which- I am currently trying to find a foster to take in one of my dogs so I can take on one of these- I am not making promisses but I am going to try and pull one. I have a lot of experience with the anti-social, fearful dogs.... I am trying my best....

Danielle
Director
Furlife German Shepherd Rescue
Charleston, SC

Owned by too many
post #8 of 122 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Crowned Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagsd View Post
Is this the breeder that was a member here?
The dogs don't stick out to me, but some of the names do, but maybe because others have dogs named that. How to know the breeder they were sized from ? I never clicked on any other info yet, sorry.

The dogs are all so gorgeous !!! Poor Jebber though..... Very sad they have had it rough & sure HOPE they all get a 2nd chance.

~Jen~

Sable~ GSD NJP, OJP, NAP, NAJ, NA, TN-N, NAC, NJC, CGC
Shadow~ BGSD *Adopted* RN, CGC
Storm~ GSD RA, TN-N, CGC
Skyrah~ GSD, CGC

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."
post #9 of 122 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 10:11 PM

I am not a rescue but I would be more than willing to give one a home if he/she was good around children and cats. I am an experienced gsd owner and would be happy to work on socialization.
post #10 of 122 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 12:32 AM
Crowned Member

Look at the face on Wesley - looks like an old soul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page