Miami, FL Adult female 3 Legs - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Exclamation Miami, FL Adult female 3 Legs

This dog is at Dade County.
VERY SWEET THREE LEGGED GERMAN SHEHERD RAPTER- NO HOLDS, NO RESCUE ON DEATH ROW DUMPED BY OWNER !!! S.O.S. Due out 10/02/10, no holds , medical : Alopecia, most likely flea allergic related. Distended abdomen Front right limb congenital deformity (agenesis / hypogenesia of the affected limb). Will remove affected limb during spay surgery if adopted or rescued. Congenital limb abnormality.

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | German Shepherd Dog | Miami, FL | RAPTER

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Crowned Member

OMG. Cowards, that poor babie's owners are cowards.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 05:12 PM

So I talked with Miami Dade today and was informed that they will not allow out of state rescues to pull any dogs. In order to become an approved rescue with this organization you have to fill out a form, get approved, and then attend an orientation. I begged and pleaded for this poor dog. They were not helpful and there is no way around the situation. :-( If there is not someone with a rescue that has been "approved" and is local to Florida, then there is no way of helping. :-(

Alisa Woodruff
Southeast German Shepherd Rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisagirl127 View Post
So I talked with Miami Dade today and was informed that they will not allow out of state rescues to pull any dogs. In order to become an approved rescue with this organization you have to fill out a form, get approved, and then attend an orientation. I begged and pleaded for this poor dog. They were not helpful and there is no way around the situation. :-( If there is not someone with a rescue that has been "approved" and is local to Florida, then there is no way of helping. :-(

thats so sad!! you think they would do what they can for the poor girl! she looks so heartbroken..
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 05:26 PM

I would still like to help but would need some serious help from an "approved" rescue with the Miami Dade facility.

Is there anyone out there that can assist??? PLEASE - look at her... se is much too young for this, at only 1 year. It is truly, horrifying - let's try and give her another chance at life.

Please feel free to contact me if you can help or know someone who can.

Thanks,

Alisa

Alisa Woodruff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 06:28 PM
vat
Knighted Member

Did anyone try — Florida German Shepherd Rescue — ADOPTIONS —*RescueMe.Org they came up on a google search. Call and see if they are approved or maybe call the shelter and find out who is.

I can not believe they would rather PTS then adopt out!!!

Valerie

Shewana's Maximum Velocity (aka Max)
Shewana's Hot-Spice (aka Callan)

Kaycee 11/97-5/10

Rio 10/08-2/10

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 06:55 PM

OK - so I have been working with Mike who gave me a great contact at Heidi's Legacy - she put a hold on Rapter and we will start working on transport now!!! Paws crossed for Rapter!!!

Alisa Woodruff

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Master Member

oh i hope it works! let us know!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 07:16 PM

Coordination will take a bit and the shelter will not release Rapter until 10/2 - it will also take Rapter a bit to recover before she is cleared to travel with a health certificate from a vet. Miami Dada claims they will spay her and remove the rest of that limb if she adopted/pulled for rescue. We will see. Will keep everyone posted.

Alisa Woodruff

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 08:33 PM
vat
Knighted Member

Crossing fingers and paws over here!

Valerie

Shewana's Maximum Velocity (aka Max)
Shewana's Hot-Spice (aka Callan)

Kaycee 11/97-5/10

Rio 10/08-2/10

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page