Summerville, GA Mom and 15 Pups!!!!! to SCGSDR to rescue stories for more updates - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Summerville, GA Mom and 15 Pups!!!!! to SCGSDR to rescue stories for more updates

Just got this in - Dogs here only have 5 days!!!! The volunteers are trying to get funding to board Stormy and her babies

Contact for rescue help: [email protected]

Adoptable German Shepherd Dog: Stormy&Newborns: Petfinder

This is one of those stories that sticks with you. We got a call that there was a dog under a house having babies, so when we got there and crawled under the house to the far back here is Stormy and about 15 babies. This poor momma had to give birth at night, by herself, while it stormed all night long. (It was a BAD BAD STORM!!!) Then some stranger (ANIMAL CONTROL) comes and takes her and her babies away!!!! When we pulled up at the shelter to unload the mom and babies the momma took off. We were so scared the babies would die and then out of nowhere here comes MOMMA!!!!! She was pacing back and forth on the side of the fence her babies were in. There are woods around us and that momma could have been gone for good but SHE HAD COME BACK FOR HER BABIES!!!! That just shows a mothers love and instinct. She knew we had them and she was going to get them back no matter what the cost!!!! All this Momma has been through I think she deserves a chance at life. Stormy is a beautiful German Shep and she has kindness and gentleness in her eyes. PLEASE SAVE STORMY!!!!!!!

STORMY AND HER PUPS NEED TO SEEK MEDICAL CARE AND NEED OUT OF THIS SHELTER WHERE IT IS SO EASY FOR THE PUPS TO PICK UP DISEASES. PLEASE HELP.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Knighted Member

OMG!!! Those babies were just born!! Surely they deserve more than 5 days!!!
post #3 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 03:46 PM

5 days? For 15 puppies and a good Mom? Wow. What does one do in this situation? I'm new to all of this, and I hope that there is some way around this.

Eh, sometimes I think how much brighter everything seemed before I started looking up how to rescue a GSD and found all these stories. Unbelievable. I guess you just do what you can, and try not to get too bitter? If there is anything I can do from home, like write emails or make phone calls, please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Knighted Member

I know. Those pups are obviously no where near old enough to leave the mother so someone would have to step up and take all of them. That leaves the only choice is a rescue and even they will have a tough time placing a mother with 15 puppies so to only allow 5 days to find them placement is ridiculous. That place should not even be allowed to call themselves a shelter.

I hope whoever can stick the needle in a good mother and 15 newborns can still sleep at night.
post #5 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 06:39 PM

Hopefully she has an owner out there searching desperately for her or the shelter will give her and those pups more time.
post #6 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Knighted Member

Look at that sweet Momma's face - she's so happy to be inside and out of the weather. I pray they will give her and her babies more than 5 days

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge
post #7 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Crowned Member

rescue is a brutal business. you can only do what you can do, and there is a never-ending stream of those who need help. you must go in at the beginning with the knowledge, and remind yourself often, that YOU CAN'T HELP THEM ALL. you have to develop a really high tolerance for man's inhumanity to animals. you have to always hope for the best but prepare for the worst in all your rescue endeavors. when it gets overwhelming you have to take a break...sometimes short, sometimes long...always educate those who don't know about the fabulous dogs available in rescue, and how important rescue is, educate those who don't know about the importance of spay/neuter. always envision better days ahead for animals as the word spreads...give whatever you can until that happens and know that you're workin' with the ones who wear the white hats.

i SO HOPE there is someone out there for momma-dog and her fifteen tiny babies.

mom to the cashman
the rescues...jeni-take-a-ride, and the c-monster
shangri la's seraphina blue (RIP 8/1/15)
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
cricket (african grey RIP 7/13)
voodoo lily (dsh RIP 8/15)

Last edited by katieliz; 08-22-2010 at 07:48 PM.
post #8 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 08:58 PM

I just wish we had the funds to support her... I would snatch her if I could- and her pups

Danielle
Director
Furlife German Shepherd Rescue
Charleston, SC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Owned by too many
post #9 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 10:57 AM

Who is in contact with the shelter? Have any funds come in to help? I may be able to help some.

Thanks,
Pete & Cindy
post #10 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Crowned Member

SAFE!
Going to Southern Cross. Please contact them if you would like to help.

Mya-Queen GSD Love you always and forever!
Ava - Princess GSD
Cheyenne-GSD I will never forget you sweet girl.We were blessed to have you in our lives
Buddy-Sweet lap cat - Forever in my heart.
Baby - Crazy cat
Spencer - Eclectus parrot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page