Charleston, SC 2 URGENT GSD's need help! to rescue stories for more follow ups! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Angry Charleston, SC 2 URGENT GSD's need help! to rescue stories for more follow ups!

I went and did an eval on these pups. We need to get them OUT!! The shelter they (owners) had them in was pretty bad. Their water was BLACK! The male has hardly no front teeth (they have been warn to the gums) He has an infection in both eyes. (green stuff coming out) At first he would not come out of the dog house. He cowered in the back (Growling at his owner). The female, very social. She is currently in heat. The man said he wanted to keep her and take her to Spain (he really wants to breed her that is all) The male looks pretty rough. But the woman said no, she wants her gone, she does not want to take her.

The male is the worst. When we finally did get him out of his kennel he seemed to be pretty nice, licking me. He allowed me to look at his teeth look at his ears, touch his paws. He really needs a lot of socialization and work. He is not very trusting, but I think with time, he will be okay. I think the male would be okay with other female dogs, but unknown about males.

The female is a litte skiddish at first but then very social. She is great with dogs. She came right up to me. I did not get a chance to look at her teeth, etc because she would cower away and then run off. She would do great with some socialization.

The male is the black and red. the female is black and tan. Also in speaking with they owner, he kept telling me he wanted to keep the female so that he could breed her. He said that he could sell them for $300 each. I asked him if he knows that that is the reason why we run a rescue? because of breeding of dogs for money. He said yes he is aware of it. I also asked him if he knew that the statistics about the pups being turned into the shelter, I told him that half of her puppies would end up in a shelter to be put down and he said yes, he knows but "HE COULD SELL THEM FOR $300 AND HE DOEN'T CARE. Please if you could pass this around or if you all can help, we need to move on this ASAP!!!

He also asked me about placing another dog, he said that she is 5 years old and "they havent breed her yet either" She is VERY sweet if you know of anyone that could take her. Not a GSD! Please contact Danielle with FGSR 843-225-6188 or by email at [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Sheps 7-31-10 001.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	2722   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Sheps 7-31-10 002.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	2723   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Sheps 7-31-10 005.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	2724   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Sheps 7-31-10 007.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	2725   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Sheps 7-31-10 009.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	2726  

Danielle
Director
Furlife German Shepherd Rescue
Charleston, SC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Owned by too many
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 12:59 AM

Don't you just love people?? That boy is beautiful. Hope you get them outta there.

Cindy
Intake Officer
Virginia German Shepherd Rescue
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

We have made a decision to pull all three pups. They will be coming to us on Saturday. I could not hold off on these three. They really deserve a good second chance. They will be going to experienced foster homes (specially for the male GSD who needs A LOT of rehab!) If you think you can help with their expenses please let me know. I am a small rescue right now, trying to grow, but I could not allow these to pups to sit there like that.

Danielle
Director
Charleston, SC

Owned by too many
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Elite Member

wow. It is all so sad. Just the whole situation.

There are great breeders out there- and then there are scums like that who breed for money and don't care about anything else. How will this problem ever be fixed when there are so many people LIKE THAT. No matter how much we educate, spay and neuter, etc...It really upsets me....

Laura

Jackson- DDR/WGSL 5/5/10
Tinah vom Gildaf- DDR 4/29/13
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 10:03 PM

Danielle, thank you so much for saving these pups, they owe their lives to you and your rescue.

Mid-Atlantic German Shepherd Rescue

Intake Coordinator
Board Member
Foster
Fundraising
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Thank you, The whole situation just EATS me alive! I even offered to pay out of my own pocket to have the female spayed (if they were going to keep her) but THANK GOD the wife said NO!! I have some wonderful people helping me with her, If anyone could help with their expenses, please let me know, I am sure all THREE dogs are HW+. They all need to be fixed, brought utd on shots, and the male has a BAD eye infection! Once I get the info, I can send the vet's info to you in a PM if you wanted to donate directly to them. THANK YOU!!

Danielle
Director
Charleston, SC

Owned by too many
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

This thread can be moved to saved- I will be leaving in about 30 miunutes to go pick them up and take them to foster homes......

Danielle
Director
Charleston, SC

Owned by too many
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Can someone help me get pictures up?

Danielle
Director
Charleston, SC

Owned by too many
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

pictures:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2 Sheps 7-31-10 002.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	2866   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Sheps 7-31-10 001.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	2867   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Sheps 7-31-10 005.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	2868   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Sheps 7-31-10 004.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	2869   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Sheps 7-31-10 007.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	2870  

Name:	2 Sheps 7-31-10 013.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	2871   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Sheps 7-31-10 014.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	2872   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Sheps 7-31-10 008.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	2873   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Sheps 7-31-10 012.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	2874  

Danielle
Director
Charleston, SC

Owned by too many
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Knighted Member

They are beautiful!! Thank you so much for getting them out of there!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page