N.Charleston,SC-8yf-Hannah pts 6/16 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

N.Charleston,SC-8yf-Hannah pts 6/16

Charleston Animals Society Urgent Animal Email
The following animals are in Charleston, SC
These animals are available to approved rescue organizations only.
Please contact [email protected]

GSD “Hannah”
Intact female
About 8 years old
65 pounds
HW positive
Owner surrender – can not afford to treat
Also has ear infection, we are treating
PTS 6/16

Danielle Lynch
Rescue & Foster Coordinator
Charleston Animal Society
2455 Remount Rd.
North Charleston, SC 29406
O. 843.747.4849

Mya-Queen GSD Love you always and forever!
Ava - Princess GSD
Cheyenne-GSD I will never forget you sweet girl.We were blessed to have you in our lives
Buddy-Sweet lap cat - Forever in my heart.
Baby - Crazy cat
Spencer - Eclectus parrot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 08:13 PM

If I can help anyone- I am 5 mins from the shelter~! I will try and eval this weekend

Danielle
Director
Furlife German Shepherd Rescue
Charleston, SC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Owned by too many
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 08:13 PM

I can pull, hold, help with transport, anything

Danielle
Director
Charleston, SC

Owned by too many
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Knighted Member

Aww, this poor baby!! I wish I could help. I just went through HW treatment with Koda. I'm sorry her owner couldn't afford to treat it, and her ear! Poor girl. I hope someone can provide for her!

Koda - Sable GSD
Riley - Sheltie Mix

"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."

FB: Melina D Photography

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 06:03 PM

bump- offer is always going to be there- If I can help in any way let me know- I am trying to get down there for an eval this weekend.

Danielle
Director
Charleston, SC

Owned by too many
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 09:28 AM

I am going today to do an eval on this baby girl. Any interest in her? I will update later tonight on her eval results.

Danielle
Director
Charleston, SC

Owned by too many
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 10:45 AM

Okay so here is how the eval went:

She is SUCH a GREAT dog. VERY nice! We took her out to the yard to play and she came when she was called. I was able to pick up her feet and play with them, I was able to check her teeth and she just stood there and tried to lick you. She does have a severe ear infection that they are working on with anti-biotics but she let you look at them. She is good with other dogs and Danielle (rescue coordinator) took her through the runs with the cats. She looked at them and walked off, not too interested in them. Hannah has the energy of a 4-5 year old GSD. YOu would not guess by her energy that she is 8 years old. She is just an absolutely wonderful dog! I would take her but I just had a shepherd returned to me and now I don't have the space. We WILL PAY for her pull fee, help with transport, hold her, and pull her if someone out there can help. She DOES NOT deserve to be PTS. If anyone is intersted in helping such a wonderful dog please call me. 843-225-6188. I will help in any way I can to help get this girl to safety. The pull fee (which I will donate) includes all vetting including the spay. There has to be someone to help her. She is EXTREMELY urgent as they are out of space!! This shelter is VERY rescue friendly!!

Danielle
Director
Charleston, SC

Owned by too many
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Master Member

Danielle, What other dogs were in the pen with this girl? Males/females, big and small.
IF a Rescue WILL COMMIT TO HER, I can pull her if you or others could pay pull fee w/ vetting her, excluding HW treatment.
I need to reconfirm that she's good with my two corgis, mellow chocolate lab..but I caNNOT KEEP HER LONGER THAN TWO WEEKS.,
Do we have a rescue group who will take her?
Thks...please email me off list if possible
email on my website below
Thanks
walton

Corgis and Friends of Walmarsh

walmarshdogs.shutterfly.com
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Master Member

Folks, Danielle and I talked this afternoon and she shared that this girl is wonderful, has a wonderful temperament and I've worked w/ CAS and pulled from there also...They DO NOT keep heartworm positive dogs and her put to sleep date is this Wednesday June 16. I told Danielle that I'm willing to visit Shelter Tuesday,spend some time with her, get MORE photos and if a rescue group is willing to commit, I will:
* Short term Foster
* Shelter will spay/give all shots and microchip for $55
* I will also get a second opinion on her ear infection which Danielle said is Nasty.

PLEASE , is someone willing to come forth and save this girl. I will also get the owner surrender form w/ history...it's my understanding that they surrendered her due to ear infection and heartworms...geeeshhhh

Corgis and Friends of Walmarsh

walmarshdogs.shutterfly.com
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Master Member

can they spay her with the HW ? I thought that was dangerous. I so wish I was ready for another dog. Someone must want a nice shepherd. I guess the cost of the HW treatmant scares people away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page