Our new foster boy, 8 is enough - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Our new foster boy, 8 is enough

My friend from the HS talked me into taking in one more foster as they rarely accept dogs over 50 lbs in our county and I am one of few (if only) who will take in large breeds. He flattered me by saying if anyone could help this boy, I could and then he suckered me in with a photo. Too gorgeous for the pound. I guess I am their 'go to' person for GSD's now.

Axel is another case of a teenaged pup not mixing with small children and an older male mix. He was getting aggressive with the old dog (jockeying for position now that he is older) and knocking down and chewing on the kids (ahem, training).

We are at our limit, as we have 4 bought dogs, 2 rescues and now 2 fosters, not counting Petra, who lives next door with a relative that we co-won.
While I am nearly certain we are going to adopt Ali as she is adjusting really well and we've had her since early January, we will not be keep Axle. He has already attacked our oldest male, Rex 8, and our big laid back, easy going mix, Boog. Boog's a Newf/Gsd not an aggressive bone in his body, but he stood up for himself with Axle. Everything was going well before I left, but my son messed up in his 'dog think' while I was at work. We have him kenneled separately for now. I am going to try to socialize and train him some before we pass him on.

Chey of Shepherd's field
And the Thundering Herd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page