update on Lilah AKA Liliac from Mi. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

update on Lilah AKA Liliac from Mi.

will post some pics as soon as I can remember to buy batteries, some of you may or may not know Lilah was a failed attempt as my first foster, had her here for 4 days then off to WI. for 2 weeks then back to me, her forever home, needless to say I wont be doing any fosters anytime soon, LOL, there was just something about her that struck me, she is very sweet disposition and very intelligent and absolutely no manners what so ever, 9 month, large puppy, jumping, mouthing, and a typical GSD shredder, I was worried about the female Heidi and Lilah getting along, Max gets along with any dog, it was a tuff first 9 days, Heidi made it clear she was the Alpha Female on numerous occasions, then on tues I was watching the 2 interact and Lilah starting the high pitch barking and that was Heidi`s cue, instead of fighting they started playing, and it was good to see Heidi play, she missed out on that growing up because of her fearfulness of everything, now they cant stop playing, if left unattended they would destroy the house, been too muddy here for outside play

Lilah is very smart and with no manners I had to establish myself as the Alpha of the house right quick, we have been going to class 2 nights a week and an hour of walking and training every day, on leash you would think shes had training for years, she embarrasse`s some people in class on how well she does for the short time shes been there, but I have acquired the skills to train her because of my other 2, but she is a PISTOL for sure, always testing me, shes going to be a real challenge, last night in class she challenged me when I gave her a command, a bark and a snap at me, she was corrected immediately, I just take that as a challenge in a different environment. summers coming and she get a lot of outdoor socialization, she`s still doing a little bit of mouthing, not much jumping except when I let her out of the crate in the morning, all in all I`d say a vast improvement from when she first came to me, I have plans of her becoming a therapy dog, but thats a few months down the road, I`d like to say thanks to everyone involved in transporting Lilah (back and forth) and my baby sister Doreen, will post more on her and some pics as time goes by

ken

Max Von barkstoomuch, T.D.Inc, EPI Survivor, Bloat Survivor
Heidi Von affraidofpeople
Lilah Von cantsitstill

Tester/Observer T.D.INC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Banned

Re: update on Lilah AKA Liliac from Mi.

Ken
I am so glad she is with you!

Doreen
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Elite Member

She sounds wonderful and you will have lots of fun. Thanks for giving her a great forever home.

Clover - GSD 9 yr old Rescue
R.I.P. Spats, Sophie, Emmie, Pooh Bear, Rogue, Max and Patton

Remember, if someone has a problem with you.........it is in fact their problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Crowned Member

Glad to hear things are going so well! That's wonderful.

Ashley,
proud owner of:
Jerzey, Bi-color GSD. 4/23/08
Koji, spotted shelter kitty.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Elite Member

Nice update. Yes, that's the little girl we know and love! She is one of a kind. Can't wait to see her when her tail has grown back out nice and bushy as it should be. Sounds like she's gotten settled in nicely. Meanwhile, my Newf and White GSD males are finally recovering from Lilah's 2 week boot camp of rumbling! I'm not sure they miss her, but I sure do! Happy training!

Debbie
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

LOL, Lilah has met her match with Heidi, after about 10 minutes of rough housing Lilah is wanting to rest, Heidi is smaller than Lilah same weight but Heidi is all muscle and loves to run, I`m going wait a couple more weeks before I take her to the groomers, so Lilah has a few more weeks training under her belt

Lilah Von cantsitstill

Tester/Observer T.D.INC
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Crowned Member

Nice to hear she is settling in and Heidi is finally able to play! Lilah is a very special girl and we fell instantly in love with her. We were so happy to see her again for the trip back to you Ken!
Here is a pic of the energized bundle of fuzz:

Jane~
Kept by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Crowned Member

Isnt she a doll! She sounds like a bundle of energy and smartness that will keep you on your toes. LOL. Glad its all working out! I wish my sister would buy me a coat. LOL!!

Human owner to:
Prinz-Gsd -RIP 8/3/12 Never long enough....
Ava-Rescue
Echo-Rescue GSD/Husky
Barnaby-Holland Lop

Maureen

White Paws GSD Rescue
In-Take Coordinator

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

LOL, on your toes???? thats an understatement, in class the other night, she was in a down stay, so she got board and rolled over on her back and started chewing my shoes, I`m going to take her for the first T.D.Inc test on 4/18

Lilah Von cantsitstill

Tester/Observer T.D.INC
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Knighted Member

She's beautiful!!! Thanks for taking in this little fireball!

Karin and Dave

Heidi, 9-year-old GSD
Adopted on 10/14/07 from:

Sheba, GSD/Malamute
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page