Help for Pets of Deployed Military - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Help for Pets of Deployed Military

Please post any foster agencies available for those service members who have been deployed-either if your group takes them as a matter of policy, or if you know of any reputable groups who do.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Help for Pets of Deployed Military

Heres one!!!
http://www.guardianangelsforsoldierspet.org

Rosa

Mom to;
Shiloh, 8.5 year old LCGSD
Shoshona, 7.5 year old LCGSD
Eli, 5 year old LCGSD

Every dog deserves to have a human that thinks they are the greatest dog that ever lived!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Crowned Member

Heres another one
http://www.netpets.org

Rosa

Mom to;
Shiloh, 8.5 year old LCGSD
Shoshona, 7.5 year old LCGSD
Eli, 5 year old LCGSD

Every dog deserves to have a human that thinks they are the greatest dog that ever lived!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Crowned Member

Here are a couple of others

http://www.operationnoblefoster.org/
http://caninecorps.org/ccmain.html (PA only)
http://www.guardianangelsforsoldierspet.org/

Malinois Ronja - fastest K-9 in VT
=^^= Finn, Ratchet & Ollie

-
-

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 10:03 PM

Here's another one:

http://www.alphataxservices.com/mili...fostercare.asp

Although Odin went to my best friend when I was deployed and Hop Sing went to my sister, I do know of many fine stories from troops in my unit who had their pets fostered through both Guardian Angels for Soldier's Pets and Operation Noble Foster.

My own state is starting up their own fostering service in readiness for our deployment next year to Afghanistan. This way pets can stay within the state and soldiers can more easily get their pets to the foster provider.

Thanks, Jean, for providing a spot for this information to become a sticky.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Crowned Member

Anyone know if these groups will take and place dogs surrendered to shelters by military personnel?

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 07:52 AM
dd
Crowned Member

My experience with these is that they are all full to bursting and closed to intake.

dd

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted By: pupresqAnyone know if these groups will take and place dogs surrendered to shelters by military personnel?
I have no experience with that. That would be a rescue and that's not what the ones I've had soldiers in my unit deal with them about. They only do fostering so far as I know. I have had several soldiers in my unit use a couple of these groups to great effect. This still goes on. We just had about a hundred troops from my state return from Afghanistan last fall and some had used Guardian Angels and got their pets back. They weren't in my unit, but I attended their homecoming.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Crowned Member

Fostering available for deployed military

I am a member of Soldiers Angels, (we adopt out/send care packages ect to deployed military and have veterans projects). I came accross this today while working on the site, it is a program that has members who are willing to foster pets for service members who get deployed, and then the pets are reunited with their families when they return. I thought this was a great program and worth posting so people know they have options, and something we can use to refer people to should they need this service. The link is http://www.guardianangelsforsoldierspet.org/

Home Visit Coordinator
Big Dogs, Big Hearts Rescue

Rambelons Schariar the Titan 12/24/96-6/7/07
BonAirs La Dolce Vita 06/21/05
Gaige 5/23/06
Chance 1997-8/23/08
Sage 12/01/05
Drake CGC 11/30/07
Ava 1/28/08
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Crowned Member

Re: Fostering available for deployed military

Oops I see that someone has already posted the link, sorry for the duplicate.

Home Visit Coordinator
Big Dogs, Big Hearts Rescue

Rambelons Schariar the Titan 12/24/96-6/7/07
BonAirs La Dolce Vita 06/21/05
Gaige 5/23/06
Chance 1997-8/23/08
Sage 12/01/05
Drake CGC 11/30/07
Ava 1/28/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page