Looking for a rescue to adopt - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Looking for a rescue to adopt

Hello all,
I just found this great website and thought it would be a good place to help my family find a forever GSD friend. I have been looking at petfinder and rescue sites. I have an inquiry on Cloe, who is at a shelter in Zanesville. Also an inquiry on Mick who is with a rescue in Kentucky. I'm in Ohio by the way. Here is our family situation just incase someone knows of a gsd in need of a home. Our household consists of myself, my hubby, our 7 year old daughter and one laid back female cat. I'm an experienced GSD owner and have fostered a few in the past. I prefer an adult who is out of the puppy stage but am willing to work with a young dog. We own our home and have a fenced yard. Thanks in advance for your help!

Angie

Mom to:
Miley - GSD Rescue
Mama Tat - One saucy lil kitty
Anna - Mama Tat's sibling who found us again after over a year of being lost!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 07:47 AM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to wrenny
Re: Looking for a rescue to adopt

I would pay attention to the urgent forums. There are TONS of dogs showing up in ohio.

Theres a beautiful all black GSD under chillicothe, OH. He's stunning. But I'm just hoping he gets to a good family.
Thanks for rescuing!

Lex, 10 years old RIP
Lincoln 4 months old.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 07:48 AM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to wrenny

https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...e=3#Post583249

Lex, 10 years old RIP
Lincoln 4 months old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Crowned Member

He is a beauty --

Info & contact for further info : )
"Thnaks for the email asking about Tanner. He came in to the shelter as a stray February 6th so we are just now learning about him ourselves. For the moment, he seems like a fairly calm dog but we haven't had the opprotunity to see how he is with kids or other dogs, as well as cats. He's in no immediate danger but we'd love for him to have a home now rather than be in here any longer than necessary. You're welcome to call me at 740-775-6808 between the hours of 9 and 4. Thanks
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 12:29 PM
dd
Crowned Member

Here are two Ohio rescues you might be able to help you:

SHepherd Haven
http://www.shepherdhaven.org/

Dog's Hope:
http://www.dogshope.com/

dd

dd

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Banned

Have you thought about fostering a adult GSD and then making a decision. If you foster a few and decide to place them for adoption, super. Then when the right one comes along you will know it, and adopt the dog.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 07:17 AM
Master Member

He ia a real good looking GSD
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Crowned Member

Now that is one fine gsd! So.....many from Ohio to choose from unfortunately. Thanks for making a difference.

Human owner to:
Prinz-Gsd -RIP 8/3/12 Never long enough....
Ava-Rescue
Echo-Rescue GSD/Husky
Barnaby-Holland Lop

Maureen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

White Paws GSD Rescue
In-Take Coordinator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Update! Looking for a rescue to adopt

Thanks for everyones help. We adopted a beautiful female GSD on Friday night. She was listed on petfinder. Here is her link.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...petid=10224843

I would post pics but I don't have a photobucket account. She is turning out to be just awesome. Great with our daughter who is just 7 and she has totally fallen in love with my husband. She is an awesome addition to the family. I already want another one! If it was up to me I rescue every GSD in the state of Ohio!

I was surprised to find a USA tatoo in her ear. I'm trying to track down her breeder to get more info on her.

Angie

Mom to:
Miley - GSD Rescue
Mama Tat - One saucy lil kitty
Anna - Mama Tat's sibling who found us again after over a year of being lost!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Master Member

Re: Update! Looking for a rescue to adopt

Quote:
Originally Posted By: LeadchangeThanks for everyones help. We adopted a beautiful female GSD on Friday night. She was listed on petfinder. Here is her link.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...petid=10224843

I would post pics but I don't have a photobucket account. She is turning out to be just awesome. Great with our daughter who is just 7 and she has totally fallen in love with my husband. She is an awesome addition to the family. I already want another one! If it was up to me I rescue every GSD in the state of Ohio!

I was surprised to find a USA tatoo in her ear. I'm trying to track down her breeder to get more info on her.
She's a beauty! Congrats on your new addition.

http://www.photobucket.com is free to use so please don't deny us pictures

Dawn S

The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting HOLY S%*T what a ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page