I need help rehoming my dog (Southeast Texas) - Page 13 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 374Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 165 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 06:52 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny720 View Post
Karat my first gsd - the owners had to rehome due to moving financial and life changes. What we paid Karat-a well trained protection was quite a bargain back then. The previous owners visited my home to check on how Karat was doing a few times every few weeks. It was confusing for the dog but i was glad to see they cared enough to go through that small heart break to see how he was doing. Their last visit Karat hardly acknowledged them and it was what I assume they were looking for as the visits stopped. It is worth those extra steps to make sure the dog settles in and is truly happy.
I adopted Gator w/the prior owner never seeing my place. I was in an apt. I told her he was for my Dad. He was too much and my Dad too old. I kept him for a week with the intention to return.
Instead I kept him and moved for him.

I sent emails to her with updated pics of our adventures in summer, winter, fall...I always bought a number candle for his birthday, put it in a ball of canned tripe as a cake, lit it took a pic of him with it. Every year I sent the b-day pic to her. I had contacted her as temp foster when I was homeless. She didn't reply. So I figured, oh well maybe her email changed. I didn't contact again when I moved where I am now, for 2.5 yrs
When G passed away. I sent her the update that I had in fact got him back that he was with me, and that he had passed away. I sent her pics of his 9, 10 and 11 b-day.
She DID reply. She was happy that he lived out his life with me. She still referred to him as her special little pup. This was 10.5 yrs later. She didn't want to give him up
I think she really appreciated random updates
I’m sure she had much comfort knowing her dog had a great life and much loved. The updates by you easing any pain , doubt or regrets.
GatorBytes and Sabis mom like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 165 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 06:59 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbrz View Post
So what? because we (the collective forum) don't have a connection to this family they are immediately to be distrusted?
Well, yes!
misfits and JonRob like this.
post #123 of 165 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post
So these offers came after you were done messaging this guy? But no mention of meeting him anywhere here. Nor meeting his kids, wife. You just wrapped this up via texts? And you gauged this super excited 100% based on texts. How was the dog was transported...did they pick up, you delivered?

Sadly, you simply discarded our advice, efforts, compassion to Lobo's situation and dumped your dog. I pray he got lucky and my concerns are a moot point. But here is how yesterday played out.
2:40pm - Jchrest offered to foster your dog
3:30pm - I checked your status (very easy, just click on your user name), You were online viewing your thread.
3:40pm - JonRob made the offer to transport you were online
4:21pm - I posted for you to come on and acknowledge offer. You were online.
4:30pm - I sent you a PM asking if you had seen updates. Again. You were online and viewing your thread
Right after my PM inquiry, you went OFFline.
At 5:44pm - you returned to the forum, but were offline when I checked. But that was the time you were last on (Approx. 6:30pm when I checked).
At some point Jchrest PM'd you too. IDK what time she did.....You didn't reply to either PM, yet I suspect you got the notifications to your phone.
So you were logged onto the forum while all this went down. Then off. Then back on.

And at 9:48pm...you have the audacity to lie to the good people here that you "just now became aware of the offers" (????)

And at 10:50pm...you say you did do a home visit. yet at 9:48 you talk about how you just finished messaging with him when all these offers came in, yet you were online and reading them.

Speaks to the polygraph test fail.
Good work, GatorBytes.

If the OP really did make a home visit with Lobo and leave him there, why didn't he take pics and post them here? He is a lousy liar.

Here's some more info: Guess what showed up at the Houston dog pound? A very sad looking GSD who looks like Lobo. Here's the link:

http://www.petfinder.com/dog/sheppie...-health-tx424/

He's listed with the name Sheppie, but even the OP would be smart enough not to give his real name if this is Lobo.

The dog pound is the only organization available for a quick dog dump because they take in everything, unlike the "no-kill" "rescue" groups which almost never have room for another dog. The reason dog pounds can always take in dogs is because they quickly kill dogs when they get short on space.

Which neans this GSD does not have much time left before he is executed.

Some of you have expressed the view that you will just fantasize that everything is great with Lobo so you can sleep better at night.

But Lobo doesn't have that choice. He has to deal with reality, no matter how ugly. No happy fantasies for him.

So if you want to hang on to your fantasies, please stop reading this post.

But if you want to help that GSD at the Houston dog pound, keep reading.

The only way to find out about a dog at the dog pound is to get your butt down to the dog pound and check the dog out. I'm clean across the county from Houston so I can't.

Someone in the Houston area has to tear themselves away from their keyboard NOW, go to the dog pound, and check this dog out. See if he responds to the name Lobo.

Even if the dog does not appear to be Lobo, I will still pay for his transport to a good home if he has a good temperament. At least that will be one dog saved because Lobo was lost.

The details canNOT be discussed on public forums. So if you want to do something real here, please PM me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 165 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 12:45 PM
Crowned Member

Thank you for your vigilance. Isn't it possible to call the shelter to wait with putting him down? One high killer shelter told me years ago, your surrendered dog can be euthanized before you leave the premises. At this point that dog, no matter who it is needs to get out of there. If this is Lobo, then it is a disgrace and he should never own a dog anymore. But it is so easy in the next town of college to get another one, no questions asked/answered. So OP, if you read this, please tell us that is not that happy home you told us about.
scuba_bob and cvamoca like this.
post #125 of 165 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 12:54 PM
Elite Member

I had intended to donate when it became obvious that rescuing Lobo was becoming a reality, instead of wasting that good intention, I offered it someone else but if this dog, be it Lobo or another is rescued, I will double what I already have sent to another. Good intention aren’t good unless completed. Jonrob, I have no knowledge of you but your offer is amazing, I will do this through someone on here that I feel comfortable with and let him/her disperse the funds as they see fit.

I was not going to mention this at all but a dog’s life has a chance of living because of good intentions. Both Jchrest and Heinini, know of my honesty and integrity in what I have said.

Funding is not allowed openly on this forum so pm will be necessary. I would not have come out if this hadn’t transpired.
GatorBytes likes this.

"If you can't see his soul when you look in his eyes, then you need a seeing-eye dog"

Last edited by Heartandsoul; 07-13-2019 at 12:57 PM.
post #126 of 165 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy dog View Post
Isn't it possible to call the shelter to wait with putting him down?
Yes but it won't help at all. Dog pounds will not give any dog special treatment. The dogs are quickly executed when the pound gets low on space. Period. No exceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy dog View Post
One high killer shelter told me years ago, your surrendered dog can be euthanized before you leave the premises.
This is true but the fact that the pound has posted this GSD on Petfinder indicates that this did not happen.

Also, the person who turned the dog into the pound could have lied and said the dog was a stray. Happens all the time.
post #127 of 165 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 01:28 PM
Crowned Member

Does anyone know a rescue in Houston that could pull this dog?

I found this https://www.ghgsdr.org/

If you want to sponsor this dog, please call them and ask them to pull the dog from the shelter, then get them resources to pay to kennel him if they don’t have a foster home.

Another one. https://luckyshepherds.com/
@Magwart, do you know anything about these rescues?

Last edited by LuvShepherds; 07-13-2019 at 01:31 PM.
post #128 of 165 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvShepherds View Post
Does anyone know a rescue in Houston that could pull this dog?
Please do not risk this dog's life by trying to get a rescue to help. The pounds are flooded with GSDs and the "rescues" have no room for them.

My girlfriend and I have been doing this kind of thing to save dogs for a long time. We have NEVER gotten a rescue to help, even when we have offered money to them for saving the dog.

So who will decide this GSD's fate? Go look in the mirror, folks.
cvamoca likes this.
post #129 of 165 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 01:38 PM
Crowned Member

A rescue is better than death. I have rescued and fostered and other than early speuter, the dogs were much better off than they would have been.
post #130 of 165 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 01:48 PM

And for those of you who are using the excuse that serial killers are lurking on this forum so they can snatch up dogs to torture--you need to get in touch with reality.

Serial killers don't spend hundreds of bucks for a professional to transport a dog. Or take a dog when there will be lots of questions and follow-up.

They grab the free-to-good-home dogs on Craig's List and elsewhere. They can get all the dogs they want that way with no trouble and no expense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page